OK, I know this has been asked before, but I'm at a loss right now. I've been piecing together parts for a recce build and have hit a snag. Several dealers offer thier version of a White Oak SS barrel, some say Noveske is the only way to fly and Kreiger is just too expensive. Are there other options out there that i have overlooked? I'd like to spend between $250 - $350 on the bbl. I want a midweight, midlength, SS, M4 cut, 1/7 or 1/8 twist barrel. I want an accurate setup that is still fairly quick handling. A few questions:

1. Is Noveske worth the extra $$ vs. White Oak or some other brand I may be overlooking?

2. What are the contours / weights for the Noveske medium & light profile Recon barrels? (the light profile doesn't look too light)

3. CTS, Global Tactical, JTAC & Adco all offer a WOA barrel turned to varying specs. What are some of the pros and cons between Denny's Recon, JTAC's recon, CTS Mk16 (new in the EE), or an Adco 16" SPR contour? I beleive all of these are turned from WOA blanks.

4. Am I mistaken in thinking that these various WOA bbls should perform relatively similarly?

I need some real pros & cons here so I can narrow down my choices.

Thanks

Matt