Thread: Bolt cycling question

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Bolt cycling question

I have a AR built for predator hunting. It's a Oly Arm's 20" rifle length barrel, Young NM bolt/carrier, Sun Devil billet upper/lower, Timney trigger, A2 (or A3, which ever is longer) rifle stock.

I started this thread because I have a small concern.

I havnt taken my AR out in the field yet for use but have taken it to range to zero in my scope. I already had to fix a gas issue with the Young BCG.

Now; while shooting, I can feel the BCG cycle alot more than I do with my other AR (mid-length). And while the BCG cycles, the buffer spring seems to be "bouncing" in the stock and I can hear it as well. I noticed it when I was shooting my AR when I had my gas issue with the BCG (it was a single shot then). But now that it's semi-auto again, I can notice the issue a lot more.

I didnt build my rifle. I had it built by a local AR builder here in my state.

Is this normal? Should I try something different?

Feedback Score
    Hearing the Buffer Spring resonate within the Receiver Extension is totally normal.
    “A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.” -Lao Tzu

http://quibphotography.com/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Quib View Post
    Hearing the Buffer Spring resonate within the Receiver Extension is totally normal.

Yup, I have pretty much blocked it out but if I listen for it I can still hear it. You'll get used to it after a while.