CCI Green Tag Match
    CCI Mini Mag HP
    CCI Standard Velocity
    Eley Match
    Federal 525 Bulk (Blue Box)
    Winchester 333 Bulk
    Wolf Match

The conditions:

All groups were shot at an indoor range using a make-shift bench rest. All groups were shot at 25 yards. I fired 2 groups per target with each gun, alternating between guns - M4, LT, M4, LT. The top and bottom groups on each target with fired with the LT. The left and right targets were fired with the M4. The center target was used with a few rounds from each gun just to see where they would print.

The targets:

The red target dots are 1" in diameter. All groups for record were 5 shots.

I have been trying to get these 2 rifles as equal as possible so that I could determine which one is the most accurate. I was finally able to get both uppers to run with match triggers. I would have bet from some previous range testing that the M4 would have a slight edge, but it would be pretty close to a toss up. Seems I was wrong! In my case, at least, I'd say the LT is clearly the winner. I expected the CCI Green Tag to shoot the best, but both my rifles seem to prefer the Eley Match. On the last target I was shooting the LT with Wolf Match and had a great 4 shot group going on the bottom target spot. I knew the 5th shot was a flier before I looked through the scope. My bench rest skills aren't what they used to be.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My accuracy results for the LT barrel reflect the same, I used a 6-24 el cheapo Tasco from an indoor rest and various match ammo selections. I do not have the M4 barrel though, but I would say they make a top notch barrel.
    Last edited by orionz06; 05-08-10 at 09:36.

Feedback Score
    Some of the inconsistencies in the groups are most likely due to my lack of benchrest skills and a terrible bench to shoot from. Given ammo that it likes, the M4 shoots some pretty nice groups also. I'm very happy with both of them. I'm pretty sure they will shoot "minute of tree rat" out to 50 yards.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    With an aimpoint clone (4 moa) I was able to hit an 8" popper at 100 yards using Federal Bulk ammo 26/26 times using a magazine as a monopod.

Feedback Score
    I would be very satisfied if I could do that with my rifles! I'm really limited because I don't have an outdoor range that I can shoot on. We have one and it's about 40 miles from my house. It's also private and pretty expensive to join. I may have to break down and join anyway.