Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KAC SR15, worth it?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

KAC SR15, worth it?

I have several tier 2 & 3 AR 15s, LMT is my #1 . I want to buy a KAC SR15, a Colt 6920 and a BCM 16" mid-length. I am looking to replace the #1 slot with one of these 3. I really like the KAC (I like all 3 really, but only can afford 1 now). What does the KAC SR15 offer that the others dont? The cost of the SR15 is about the same as the BCM 16" & 6920 combined. Any advice

Feedback Score
    You are not really comparing apples to apples though. This is the way I figure it. SR-15- $2000 and less brand new

6920- $1200 add an equal trigger- + 200 add the sopmod stock+ 200
    add a rail DD Omega + 250 you are $ 1850 and still do not have the gas system the SR-15 has or the bolt. If you do not need all the extra stuff the Knights has, then yes it is not worth it. If you plan on adding that stuff down the road just get the Knights. At least this is how I justify my purchases!

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Yes. If you look past the sticker price and start to break out the features that are included, it surpasses most other comparable rifles similarly equipped. And, it is a KAC.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    As stated if you break the gun down part by part the KAC is actually the most economical.

If all you want is a bare bones but quality gun AND dont want to spend money on extras then the BCM or Colt is a better buy for you.

With the KAC you are getting a 500 rail system, 200 dollar rear buis, 200 dollar trigger, 200 dollar stock, a unique lower with some cool features, arguably the best AR bolt design on the market, etc. But you need to be happy with what it comes with or sell something off like trigger and/or stock. I replaced mine with a CTR, and sold the stock so I saved $100 off the price right there.

My SR15 is my favorite gun, and Im very happy with it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Somewhere around here there's a post where I added up everything you get in the SR15 and compared it to an equal build from
    BCM and the prices were almost identical, and they don't factor in the E3 bolt which isn't really something you can put a price on.

If the features of the SR15 are what you want/need then it is actually a bargain.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Somewhere around here there's a post where I added up everything you get in the SR15 and compared it to an equal build from
    BCM and the prices were almost identical, and they don't factor in the E3 bolt which isn't really something you can put a price on.

If the features of the SR15 are what you want/need then it is actually a bargain.
    this brings up a good point, while the gun itself is a good deal I think you might be shooting yourself in the foot for future parts by having a proprietary system. But that isnt something for everybody, plenty of people are fine with LWRC and other rifles.

If I get one, I will certainly try and buy an extra BCG or atleast bolt with it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Standard carrier will work. I would want three things:
    1) spare extractor & springs
    2) spare complete bolt
    3) spare gas tube (it is a proprietary link)

FWIW, people like the Magpul boys are getting 20k+ rounds on the OE equipment reportedly.

Feedback Score
    This is kinda funny to me as I have a 6920 and a SR15. I still need to put more money into my Colt to make it feel and shoot like the KAC. The Colt without a doubt is a great rifle, but believe me, just get the KAC. You won't look back.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Here is a good recent thread regarding the KAC SR15...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=52134

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If I could only have one AR, it would be a SR15E3, by far the best out-of-the-box package currently on the market.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast