Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: KAC SR15, worth it?

Feedback Score
    I meant standard mid length URXs.

We are doing a mid length gas system, rifle length URX 14.5" SR-16 so if we get any gov't orders for it that might mean they could be available as a SR-15 SBR since we are going to start to sell factory SBRs. I guess that all depends on how well the first run of 11.5" guns sell. I feel the AR market in general ,right now is pretty saturated. I think whatever is not readily available will sell like hotcakes until they are in full production.
    C Reed Knight III
    Knight's Armament Co.
    http://www.knightarmco.com/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by III View Post

We are doing a mid length gas system, rifle length URX 14.5" SR-16 so if we get any gov't orders for it that might mean they could be available as a SR-15 SBR since we are going to start to sell factory SBRs. I guess that all depends on how well the first run of 11.5" guns sell. I feel the AR market in general ,right now is pretty saturated. I think whatever is not readily available will sell like hotcakes until they are in full production.
    I very much appreciate the response. You just made my day.

When you say ''mid length'' do you mean standard mid length or KAC mid length?

Thanks, again.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I know one guy that will buy atleast two of the factory SBR's when they are available...
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)

I want a SBR with 11.5 or 12.5 light weight CHF barrel, middy URX, 3T, middy URX, e3 bolt, 2 stage trigger, micro 300M and ambi lower.

Im not really interested in anything with a carbine hand guard.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    The KAC lowers are kick ass.

I thought about just getting uppers at one point, but the complete guns are so much better
    I'm not going to use sling points at that location and I don't need ambi as I have too much time and too many weapons that aren't ambi to learn a new manual of arms. Also the SOPMOD is too heavy for that barrel contour and there is no staking on the castle nut. I'm going to use a Colt lower on mine, the other is for my brother.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    I want a SBR with 11.5 or 12.5 light weight CHF barrel, middy URX, 3T, middy URX, e3 bolt, 2 stage trigger, micro 300M and ambi lower.

On the bright side, you'll get an 11.5'', but I think they have the carbine URX.

Mid Length URX could also be a possibility, from what I've seen in pictures.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post

That's pretty much exactly what I would love to see available, but I could do without the TTB.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Gentlemen,

This thread is actually from last May, and although we've appended some highly relevant information over the past few days, there are still a number of newer (and more highly developed) threads on the SR-15E3 located elsewhere on the boards.

The manner in which this one is indexed, and the amount of discussion it contains on ammunition sensitivities -- which, in my experience with the platform, is not an especially valid concern -- lead me to conclude that we would all be better served by continuing this elsewhere.

I too am keenly interested in upcoming SBR developments from KAC, as well as a number of their other ongoing projects, but in the interest of insuring that archived discussions follow a natural progression -- and present the latest information in a chronological sense -- this one is going to be closed. The initiation of new threads on some of the specific points of interest that have been discussed here within the past 48 hours is highly encouraged.

Thanks!

AC

EDIT: You are welcome to post new discussion HERE.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567