Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1769

Thread: Shotgun pic thread

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Browning Citori

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, ASA, and other fun shotgun things.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did someone say Browning Citori?
    Here is one that has been well used, only about 70-100K through it by my guess.
    And no, the picture doesn't make the barrel look long, that thing really does have a barrel that is as long as your AR.

"I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    How about some old school circa 1955? This is a pawn shop "save" work in progress. This gun was beat to hell and back. Forearm split completely in two pieces and duct taped. I need to get back on it, as it's getting close. I've been looking for one of these for about 5 years (one that was a beater and I could cut on a little bit). Still have to mount the front sight and put pic rails on the forearm. Then detail strip, clean and install all new springs inside.

IMG_5228.jpg
    Last edited by shadowrider; 12-17-17 at 00:00.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I'd love to do a Form 1 on a specimen like that, and build my own whippet shotgun. Please keep us up to date on that. It would be worthy of it's own thread in the NFA forum.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I'd love to do a Form 1 on a specimen like that, and build my own whippet shotgun. Please keep us up to date on that. It would be worthy of it's own thread in the NFA forum.
    That's a very cool shotgun. I watched a video on YouTube yesterday where they covered this stock repair. I think it was a Midway video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    The original intent was to do a Form 1, but after thinking long and hard about the intended use I kind of doubt it will happen. I intend this to be the primary HD shotgun of the house so it's getting pic rail for a light and possibly a sling attachment point. By cutting the stock and barrel it's pretty much totally transformed it's handling qualities already. It's about 9" shorter overall than in original configuration and has a 18.25" barrel and 12.5" LOP. I may change my mind down the road if I can convince myself that cutting the barrel to about 14" and dropping a mag extension would be worth the paperwork hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    That's a very cool shotgun. I watched a video on YouTube yesterday where they covered this stock repair. I think it was a Midway video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I used acraglass to glue it back together and then added a single layer of fine fiberglass cloth down the entire length inside and acraglassed that with 3 more thin layers of acraglass. If it breaks again, which I doubt, I'll put a synthetic on it.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    True, but I kind of treat returned BATFE forms like presents from Santa. "Hey, look what I found under the tree!"

The Form 5320.20 to take across state lines is not a big deal, I've done a couple. But with the dimensions you have it now, it does look very handy.

I need to find me a beater Auto-5. I already run Uncle Serious's Home for Abused Scatterguns. One more won't be that big a deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrider View Post
    How about some old school circa 1955? This is a pawn shop "save" work in progress. This gun was beat to hell and back. Forearm split completely in two pieces and duct taped. I need to get back on it, as it's getting close. I've been looking for one of these for about 5 years (one that was a beater and I could cut on a little bit). Still have to mount the front sight and put pic rails on the forearm. Then detail strip, clean and install all new springs inside.

IMG_5228.jpg
    I've got a Savage 720 (licensed A5 clone) in ROUGH shape that I've been wanting to make a similar project of. Just to further complicate matters, it's a 16 gauge. Can anyone here provide any educated guesses as to what magazine extension might fit? I'd like to avoid some of the expensive trial and error of trying different extensions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4C View Post
    I've got a Savage 720 (licensed A5 clone) in ROUGH shape that I've been wanting to make a similar project of. Just to further complicate matters, it's a 16 gauge. Can anyone here provide any educated guesses as to what magazine extension might fit? I'd like to avoid some of the expensive trial and error of trying different extensions.
    This only applies to the Brownings but might be something to look into. The tube on mine pictured above is a Nordic Components for a BPS. The Belgian made Auto-5 and BPS use the same thread. The later Japanese made Auto-5's were a different thread and I believe that Remington used a different thread on their version as well. Hopefully you get lucky with Savage making a more "authentic" copy.

Page 166 of 177 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast