Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Next shoot?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh-L View Post
    If we have backers or some shot up idpa targets I guess we can use Magpul targets. I still have a lot of those. I modified most of the drills so that only a zone hits count to make it easy to score and stress accuracy.
    There's always 8" paper plates and 3x5 cards to simulate the IDPA target zones...
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    So I get to work today and there's a note that our dept meeting was moved to Friday at 3. It's our annual insurance meeting too so it will be at least an hour long.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm going to try and get out there between 3-3:30 regardless. I'll be over on one of the action pistol bays (we usually try for the one with the livery stable mockup when its available). White 4-door Tacoma. I'm planning on mostly shooting pistol but will have my SBR there to test out a new muzzle device...

If anyone else plans on coming, feel free to shoot me a PM if you need my phone # or something. If you're not an OKCGC member, I think we can have 1 guest per member.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well, Doc Todd and I had time to run some good pistol drills, like the Press-six. When Josh finally got out of his meeting, we burned through a few mags to try out the new BattleComp on my SBR.

We need to plan something again soon, try and make this a semi-regular event...
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Next shoot..... June 18th? Carbine only day?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Next shoot..... June 18th? Carbine only day?
    I work that day, so I couldn't be out until a little later. I should be able to get off at 4:00, depending on work load.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    So you are off the next Friday the 25th? I work that day but could be there at 330.
    Last edited by Josh-L; 06-04-10 at 11:50.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    So you are off the next Friday the 25th? I work that day but could be there at 330.
    I should be off, but that's a bit far out for me to know what I'll be in the middle of that week. I could be out there by about 4:30 on the 18th - I know what I've got scheduled for that week so if all goes well I'll be pretty free that Friday.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Whatever you think dude. If you want to go on the 18th at 430 that's cool. Or we can skip this month and go in July.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    So here is a .pdf of my favorite training drills with charts to track progress. I am not very good at making charts and if anyone has a better way of doing it I'm all ears and you can send it to me and I'll make a new one. I have a lot more drills but these are the easiest to setup and shoot by yourself and the round counts are good. I do need to add the dot torture drill and Todds 26662 drill which I shoot frequently too. But I figured I'd share this for now for you guys to check out and see if you like any of them for our monthly training days. I "modified" most of them to work for me which is why I wrote modified on there so there may be some variation if you have seen these drills before. Mostly I changed the target or scoring stuff to make it more simple and so I'd only need one type of target. I have all the drills and the original version too if anyone wants them. I scanned them in at work to make it a .pdf so you could download one thing instead of twenty. I print them out and three hole punch it and keep it in a binder.

Edit... doh! It would appear this exceeds the limit of uploads for M4C. If anyone one wants them email me at Josh-L (at) cox.net
    Last edited by Josh-L; 06-06-10 at 09:42.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast