Thread: Pin and weld .740 diameter muzzle device on 14.5" barrel.

Feedback Score

Pin and weld .740 diameter muzzle device on 14.5" barrel.

So, I was looking around for a good lead on muzzle devices that could be pinned and welded to a 14.5" barrel to make a 16" total length, yet fit under a .750 gas block so you could change your handguards/free floating rail at will, but I couldn't find much of anything on the internet. I found the "manimal" and that's about it. I don't post much on these forums, but I wanna help people looking for this elusive item. I found a guy named Jason on eBay who sells various muzzle device designs in that diameter. His user name on eBay is azjason480 and here's the link to the one I bought:3prong2.jpg3prong.jpg3prong1.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182219815115...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Feedback Score
    I have the Surefire pro comp on mine. My SLR hand guard fits around it and I'm running their Sentry 7 gas block.

Feedback Score
    compensator.jpgThat Surefire is a really nice comp. What I'm trying to assist people with is slightly different. A lot of people today are running various free floating handguards that take proprietary barrel nuts. Well, when you put that proprietary barrel nut on and put that low profile .750 gas block on and then weld a muzzle device that is thicker than .750 on to that barrel, you are basically stuck with whatever line of free float and gas block you have chosen to roll with, unless you cut the muzzle device off. I'm trying to give a link to something that frees you from that. These muzzle devices are also only 2 inches, so you're not going way past the 16" total length you're trying to bring the barrel to. The guy is also only selling these for $29.99 with free shipping and he makes them right here in AZ. Here's another one I just bought. There's also no need for timing or using a lame crush washer.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Are you Jason??

Feedback Score
    No, I'm not. As a matter of fact, my name is Eric and have never met Jason and I get where your assumption is going.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Cheaper alternative than the manticore offering. My only concern is the open tines.