Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you contact the manufacturer Update: Post 24 - Muzzle device issue? Help please

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Would you contact the manufacturer Update: Post 24 - Muzzle device issue? Help please

Plain jane chrome lined, free floated AR from a good brand.

Shot from a bagged rest with a Geissele SSA-E trigger and two separate optics (Nightforce and Vortex) on two separate days with 3 separate shooters. This target represents the best it would do:

Would you consider that serious enough to contact the manufacturer? How would you expect them to take care of it, if so?
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 07-24-16 at 12:38.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Plain jane chrome lined, free floated AR from a good brand.

Shot from a bagged rest with a Geissele SSA-E trigger and two separate optics (Nightforce and Vortex) on two separate days with 3 separate shooters. This target represents the best it would do:

Would you consider that serious enough to contact the manufacturer? How would you expect them to take care of it, if so?
    Eventually, yes. But I'd check barrel nut torque and muzzle device torque first.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd try more types of ammo first. Try to source some xtac 55 and hpr w hornady 75 and 55. Or just straight hornady.

Get some 50 tipped or jhp varmit while your at it.

Xtac match has been good for me too.

It is possible you got a friday after noon barrel. Myself personally, I have not had great luck with BH. But that's only me. I know guys that really like their ammo.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yes Sir I would. After checking things that Buford pointed out. I have a BCM stainless that will, if I do my part, shoot Speer Gold Dot bonded 55 gr into sub Moa @ 100 yds. Again, and we've talked about this, if I do my part. The combo is capable.

I've also had great luck with Hornady 55 grain Varmit Express. This ammo is sub Moa in several different rifles. Maybe try that ammo. If it won't shoot that, it won't shoot.

All this is just my opinion, but worth a shot before sending the barrel back.

Feedback Score
    With above poster, 50 gr vmax (or AE black box version), some cbc75 and privi 75gr match.

Fwiw, the prvi groups almost half what 75gr tap did, might be a picky barrel.

If nothing does better, I'd send it back. I wouldn't even bother with 55gr fmjs unless they are Spitzer style.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is the crown damaged? or the muzzle device some how causing this problem.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Yeah, something is amiss there. I have some PPU M193 that shoots better than that in a basic M4 with a lightweight chrome barrel.

Assuming you assembled it yourself, I'd perform a do over on the assembly and if it still didn't shoot, contact the manufacturer.
    Scoby

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in “On Crimes and Punishment”, 1764

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Shot it again today with the muzzle device removed. M855 shot nine inch 10rd groups at 100 yards.

The manufacturer has been contacted. It was bought as a complete upper.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Shot it again today with the muzzle device removed. M855 shot nine inch 10rd groups at 100 yards.

The manufacturer has been contacted. It was bought as a complete upper.
    Are you sure you didn't order a .300blk barrel?

I jest, I jest.

I would be calling the manufacturer as well, something sounds amiss since even with an Aimpoint and semi rapid fire I can put M855 in grounds around half that. Maybe a bit more, but I ain't taking my time either. Hell, I have a beat to hell Bushy that will do a hell of a lot better than that with 55gr ball. Something isn't right.

Keep us updated, am curious if they give you the reason for the accuracy, or inaccuracy.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'd show them a picture of a target that you've shot with a different upper with the same ammo, just so they have an idea of how well you can shoot.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast