Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Elena Kagan-BHO's SCOTUS pick

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I'm more concerned with her policies, legal views and lack of experience than her appearance. There are a lot of ugly women (and men) in politics, of all shapes and sizes. We rail against the undue influence of celebrities (who generally have above-average appearances and influence others with charisma rather than intelligence), so why are we suddenly concerned that this SCOTUS appointee looks too mannish? Does physical beauty have any bearing whatsoever on her ability to judge Constitutional issues?
    What everyone else said. Of course physical appearance has no bearing on ability to judge Constitutional issues. No one is saying she isn't qualified to be a SC Justice because she looks like a linebacker.

Obama was going to nominate someone who most of us here do not approve of, from a philosophical perspective. That's a given, and no one here should be surprised by the ideology of an Obama SCOTUS nomination.
    Last edited by Palmguy; 05-10-10 at 21:39.

Feedback Score
    I only wish I could find (and yes, I googled to no avail) the old Commando movie poster I saw with Janet Reno's head photoshopped onto Ahhnold's body.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i dont have a warm fuzzy that someone who has no judicial experience will suddenly equally apply the fairly for both sides. Especially when shes only argued for the govt. Yea I wonder how she will rule on the bench.

if you oppose her you're just homophobe
    Last edited by ForTehNguyen; 05-11-10 at 08:10.

Feedback Score
    She has no experience as a judge and no track record in that capacity.

Much like BHO having no experience as a chief executive (mayor, governor, etc.) and no track record.

Judging by her history at Harvard, I give her 2 thumbs down.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Senate's quintessential douchebag Jim Inhofe (OK) has expressed his opposition to Kagan, in part, due to her previous statements expressing contempt for the Senate's judicial confirmation process.

Sorry, Jim, but the U.S. Senate is beneath contempt. These confirmation hearings are nothing but Senate blowhards hogging the limelight, taking fifteen minutes to ask a question that the nominee has absolutely of intention of answering. More kabuki theater from that august body who labor night and day to accomplish as little as possible while lining their own pockets.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123