Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M4 accessories for Military

Feedback Score

M4 accessories for Military

My son just graduated from US Army basic training. He is home for 2 weeks and then will be headed to Germany. I was wondering if he would be allowed to bring a stock, VFG, light and such with him to Germany for his M4? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'm not sure about the Army but my son, who's been out of the USMC for a couple of years, was looking at my AR's this weekend and said that guys were always added knic-knacs and such to their rifles. He said some of the gun were ridiculously heavy and stuff was always breaking on them. Reckon they were getting UTG and CAA junk.

So, I'd think your son could add improvements but he might not have an M4. My son had a A2 rifle??
    Last edited by ucrt; 05-09-10 at 23:28.

Feedback Score
    i was talking with someone that had returned from Iraq and for him (Army), they were allowed modifications approved by their armourer and squad leader.

I would wait until he gets to his duty station and unit; let him see what the situation is, then send him a care package. Good luck and congrats on your son.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What is his MOS? Unless his job will put him outside the wire, he probably won't need any mods.

If you are thinking of a gift, I suggest an Ipod or laptop instead of weapon parts.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If he is going to Germany I'd suggest a good small digital camera.

Feedback Score
    yea dependent on his MOS and his unit. my unit didnt allow us to add mods to our weapons to carbines until we got in country, due to Standard operating procedures and everyone having to look the same n what not.

Feedback Score
    His MOS is 11B, and he was told that the unit he is going to will possibly be deploying sometime at the end of this year. I will probably wait until he gets there to see if they provide him a VFG and light, but the only stock they will issue is the standard M4 stock I believe....Thanks guys

Feedback Score
    during my 2 deployments my units were issued all the kind of gear you refer to- in fact I ditched alot of gear in my duffle I took off my carbine as it was pretty much just extra weight. The units I have deployed with issued each m-4 equipped soldier a surefire light, optics, the vertical grips is a standard m4 part at this point,and a peq4 or later version IR aiming device. In my experience the last thing you need to do is add stuff to your issued carbine. I actually handled m-4's that compared to the few m-14's we had, seemed heavier!

Feedback Score

Cool

11 bush beater. Can he bring Pmags over there?

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure if he can bring P-mags, but I have seen pics of soldiers with them. Thanks for all the replies, I will just have him wait and see what he is issued when he gets there and send him anything that he may need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast