Thread: Smooth Free float Hand guards

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Smooth Free float Hand guards

Hey Guys,

As many of you know I am going to be building an AR(just received my Noveske stripped lower and DD lpk today) and I am looking for a hand guard similar to that of D&L sports, or something such as this:

I don't really care for the look of Rails on a rifle while they do serve great purposes such as the added ventilation to let the barrel cool more efficiently and the ability to mount lights/lasers, sights and other accessories that might make the rifle more user friendly or job ready if your LE/MIL. I am not LE/MIL(wish I was) and this is going to be a rifle just for the range,HD and camping/overnight hiking gun, I highly doubt that I will want to add a light to my gun and don't care whether my gun is tacticool or not but I do like the look of a sleeker and more simple looking rifle such as fixed stocks like the ACE or D&L sports stocks and smooth hand guards. I also like a lot of Yankee Hill Machine hand guards but have not looked much into the quality of them.

I have also searched under Hand Guard but have not found anything specific to my needs, so if there is a thread lurking around already on this subject please feel free to direct me to it. If you guys could recommend some good hand guards that would be appreciated, also I rather like the look of Magpul's MOE hand guard as well.

Thanks,
    Winter
    Last edited by Winter; 05-12-10 at 15:02. Reason: Found more information
    "After coming into contact with a religious man I always feel I must wash my hands."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

FOX is NOT news, its entertainment

"AND ITS HARD. . .TO HOLD BACK THE HATE"

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Wow thanks man, that was quick...yeah exactly like that.

Thanks Again
    "After coming into contact with a religious man I always feel I must wash my hands."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Feedback Score
    I LOVE my VTAC tube from JP Enterprises.

If I did it all over again I'd probably go with the VTAC Extreme 13", just so it would cover more of my barrel and offer a full length rail (the regular VTAC stops a bit short of the end of the tube). But with the regular VTAC you don't have to add any rails if you don't want. I have just the top rail as I have a front sight, light and aimpoint mounted on it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hell yeah, that system is nice.

Thanks
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
    I LOVE my VTAC tube from JP Enterprises.

If I did it all over again I'd probably go with the VTAC Extreme 13", just so it would cover more of my barrel and offer a full length rail (the regular VTAC stops a bit short of the end of the tube). But with the regular VTAC you don't have to add any rails if you don't want. I have just the top rail as I have a front sight, light and aimpoint mounted on it.
    I, on the other hand, have the older style VTAC tube and do not care for it. It's heavy for what it is and the handguard mounting nut is not a good solution (has to be mounted with red loctite), IMO. Further, the barrel nut I received was not square and had to be machined. I do like the new VTAC Extreme using only the integrated top rail.

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but might work.
    Last edited by Warg; 05-12-10 at 15:53.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

THIS is exactly what I want my upper to look like I love the hand guard and how you can see the PRI gas block.I just wish I could afford the price! I can surely get this same look with any of the above hand guards correct? I just need it to be a bit shorter so you can see the gas block
    Last edited by Winter; 05-12-10 at 16:25.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    MI SS Series
    New PRI Delta
    Jp/Vtac I have this on my 3-gun rifle, its nice and I like it but want to switch it out for the
    Troy/Vtac Battlerail

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    I vote for the PRI.