Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: VT Hackathorn/Vickers Low Light Class #1 AAR

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Anybody who is "scared" to take one of Larry's classes because he "makes fun of people" needs to cowboy the f*ck up. In reality, I supsect anybody who "is concerned" is just using it as an excuse for other reasons.

Back OT, I also am curious about, say, a diffusing filter on a 9V incandescent.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    Back to the topic of lights for a moment....

To those gents who have been in the class or to those gents who have taught the class, do you think that the removable light filters are something people should acquire for this class, or something they might find useful for this class?
    I'm not a big fan of filters on weaponlights, and I don't see how they would have come in handy in this class. In fact, the only filter I own is an opaque jobby to prevent a light AD (gotta remember to flip the cap when it stays dark!). A secondary or tertiary handheld with a red filter may have come in handy at some point (like pasting targets, but Vinh had an ideal setup IMHO with one of those LED headband things).

I think you could make a case for a red filter on a weaponlight to alleviate some backsplash, but to me a better solution is a light that doesn't blind the hell out of the guy trying to use it.
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    ...As for the short bus comments I apologize if I offended anyone - in the future I will offer an alternative to the standard 'short bus' critique - something along the lines of 'has anyone told you that you look very elegant while you are royally screwing up that drill'

Cheers

Larry
    I'm sorry, but if someone took offense to any of the short bus/window licking/etc. insults they probably do not belong in that class. I personally feel that as long as the comment was made in jest and to emphasize a point (which, as far as I can remember they were), such verbal "lashing" is not offensive in the least.

I'll even wear a hockey helmet the whole time if need be. This is probably a step up from the multi-colored beannie!!
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinh View Post
    ...I would recommend bringing a red LED light for pasting targets at night...
    The stupid thing is I did have one of those LED headlamps with the red light but forgot to use it.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    Anybody who is "scared" to take one of Larry's classes because he "makes fun of people" needs to cowboy the f*ck up. In reality, I supsect anybody who "is concerned" is just using it as an excuse for other reasons.

Back OT, I also am curious about, say, a diffusing filter on a 9V incandescent.

You could do that and it would even out the light quite a bit.

C4

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Where to begin. I guestimate that I have over four-hundred hours of tactical carbine and pistol training (not counting what I got in the Navy)...
    What training was that?

Where they trained you to make coffee, turn down the AC in your space, type 40 words per minute or when they sent you T.A.D. to the mess decks?

Bbbbwwwwwwwaaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    What training was that?

Where they trained you to make coffee, turn down the AC in your space, type 40 words per minute or when they sent you T.A.D. to the mess decks?

Bbbbwwwwwwwaaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

LOL, you must be mistaking me with you!

C4

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678