Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survival Handgun at Culpeper, VA May 29-31

Feedback Score

Survival Handgun at Culpeper, VA May 29-31

Good Afternoon,

The company that I just started is hosting a course in Culpeper, VA. This is a FREE course, I just want feedback in the written and oral form. NO HIDDEN FEES The course runs:

May 29th, 30th and 31st. This is Memorial Day weekend!

About me/company: I am a former Infantry Marine with extensive firearms experience. I have four tours overseas including Iraq, Afghanistan, Haiti and southeast Asia in an infantry capacity. I taught at the USMC High Risk Personnel Course for 2 years, and shot on the Marine Corps 3 Gun team for 1. I have numerous shooting courses under my belt. I have also graduated from numerous federal law enforcement schools. I am also a certified NRA law enforcement Instructor in handgun and shotgun. My company was recently formed to provide intense handgun skills for shooters who are dedicated to becoming proficient with their firearms and want to push themselves to the limit.

Course Cost: Absolutely free! This course will run $400, but this is a pilot course, and I am seeking two shooters to attend this course, in return I will require a lengthy end of course critique to give me feedback. Shooters will recieve a free course including no range fee. Shooters must just provide their own gear and ammo. I currently have 6 other shooters attending the course on the dates posted they are military or DOD.

Course Info: This is a 3 day dynamic handgun course that will provide shooters with a foundation to build a solid shooting background. The course will go much further than the basics, and will drive the shooter past his capabilities and expose weaknesses and strengths from shooters mid to high level proficiency. Shooters are expected to come to this course with an open mind. We will explore all aspects that make a solid gunfighter from mindset to ground shooting. This is an intensive shooting course be prepared to sweat. The staff running the course will demonstrate and perform all the skills they expect the students to perform. If we can't do it, we don't expect to be able to hold our students to a higher level.

WARNING: Not all shooters will be graduating with the same certificate. I have a challenging qualification course, shooters will receive : not qualified, novice, intermediate, and advance based on the qualification course. This course is derived from various shooting schools and will test most abilities of a shooter with a handgun. From novice to advanced level shooters will be challenged throughout the course. This is not a course for a begginer shooter.

Required Equipment:

1200 rounds of handgun ammunition

handgun from a reputable manufacturer that can handle 1200 rounds through it in three days (4 inch plus preffered)

Enough magazines that the shooter can carry 45 rounds on his/her person.

Belt Holster with our without retention

Magazine Pouches that allow the ability to carry 45 rounds of filled magazines.

Eye Protection (ear protection can be provided at no cost)

Pants or shorts with belt loops and a belt

Packed lunch for all 3 days

Plenty of water

What you will learn: The shooter will not only learn a plethora of skills, but in a unique manner. We will do drill after drill until we not only learn the technique, but it becomes second habit. Targets get refaced after every skillset, no shooting on dirty targets for a whole day. Most of these skills will be tested during qualification. This will be a dynamic qualification, where all hits will be on an IPSC's A zone under time. Failure to meet the hit(s) or the time will result in no point. 25 total Points. All skills will be isolated for the qual. You will do the qual 3 times during the course best score out of 3 is taken.

0-6 Unqualified, 7-12 Novice, 13-19 Intermediate, 20-25 Advanced

- Presentation from a belt holster (all shooters will be able to hit the "A" zone from an ipsc target in 1.80 seconds to 1.5 from 7 yards at the end of the course)

- reloading techniques (timed for accuracy on the qual course)

- Immediate action techniques (timed for accuracy on the qual course)

- remedial action techniques (timed for accuracy on the qual course)

- Multiple shots techniques (timed for accuracy on the qual course)

- Multiple Targets techniques (timed for accuracy on the qual course)

- Kneeling techniques (timed for accuracy on the qual course)

- Prone Techniques

- Ground shooting (shooting supine and on your back)

- shooting on the move techniques (timed for accuracy on the qual course)

- Failure to stop techniques

- One handed shooting techniques (timed for accuracy on the qual course)

- Discrimination techniques

- Use of barricades

- Vehicle ambush side (vehicle bailouts, shooting within vehicles)

- Vehicle Ambush front (vehicle bailouts, shooting within vehicles)

Contacting Me: My website is not up yet, but as soon as it is I will post the link on this forum. For now you can message me via the forums or at narobleto@yahoo.com. Students are staying at the best western inn at Culpepper, Virginia if you are interested in reserving a room where the other students will be staying. If you are interested in attending this course let me know and we will get you locked on. I will be doing a background check on all students, any felonies or drug charges and you will not be allowed to attend. This is a great free opportunity for a free course to try a different approach to training.

If you need a copy of my dd-214 I am willing to supply that on request.

Thank You for your interest.

Noel A. Robleto
    Last edited by Anteater; 05-13-10 at 00:48.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Noel that sounds like a nice course. I'm sure you'll find some takers!
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Essentially the USMC HRP course...for the price of writing an AAR! Noel's email box should have been full ten minutes ago.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The notice is short but the offer is tempting........
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Culpepper is close to me and I can scrounge up the ammo.

E-mail sent.

My schedule has been a nightmare and this comes along just as some family stuff I had to take care of that weekend cleared up just this morning...so I take that as a sign of divine providence.
    Last edited by John_Wayne777; 05-13-10 at 10:46.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You know there is an AAR inside of you just waiting to be born. It's your lot in life to be the Octo-Mom of AAR's. Just accept it.

I kinda have to space out my classes a bit. I just took the excellent Ken Hackathorn Class with Grey Group and I am down with Larry again in July.

If not, I would be on this like fleas on a hound dog.
    Last edited by Heavy Metal; 05-13-10 at 10:20.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    we have one spot left now. Thank you for your emails.

thanks,

Noel

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'd be all over this class but I just had inguinal hernia surgery on Monday.
    I returning to work this coming Monday and then I'm on light duty for about a month. I look forward to reading how the class went.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score

Course is full

I appreciate everyone's very quick replies, we had to turn people away because of so many volunteers. The course is now full, after this pilot course and when our website is up I will be posting a schedule of future courses.

Thank you again, and hope to see you on the range sometime.

Noel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast