Thread: Barrell Questions

Feedback Score

Barrell Questions

I am preparing for my first build. I am going with a stag lower/and upper, magpul stock, Troy TRX hand Guard.

As far as the barrel I am wondering about the issues with running a 14.5" barrell. I was thinking for it to be legal you had to run a 16" barrell. Is a 14.5 legal with a flash suppressor? I know they offer 14.5's but they are looking to be hard to find in stock.

Also where are the best places to pick up a good barrell. The stag 16" m4 mill spec barrel is cheap (compared too) and appears to be great quality for just an all around shooter.

Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    14.5 is legal if you have a muzzle device permanently attached (i.e. welded) to it.

The three options that BCM carries are all good choices (whenever they get back in stock).

PK firearms has a few in stock with the flash hider already attached
    http://www.pkfirearms.com/content/1/20/65/85

If you're willing to look past 14.5, you really can't go wrong with BCM, Rainier, Centurion, Daniel Defense, Sabre Defense, or Colt. Shop around with the site sponsors or do some googling, you'll find something.
    Last edited by BrigandTwoFour; 05-14-10 at 09:00.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    14.5 is legal with a pinned comp or FH measuring 2.1 inches bringing the barrel's overall length to 16.1.
    As for barrel options, have you done your research on the different brands, barrel types and gas system lengths? The reason I ask is I think it would be worthwhile for you to do so to ensure you end up getting what you want not just now but later when youve read your share of facts and know better.

Feedback Score
    originally I was going to go with all stag since I can get it all locally, but they don't offer a 14.5" barrell. I do need to do more research as far the gas system. I am learning as I go. It looks like I might go with the fixed sight gas mount and gas rod, I am liking the looks of this upper, and for this rifle probably wont be mounting optics for quite some time.