Thread: BDM 22LR AR mags- feed lips cracking

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

BDM 22LR AR mags- feed lips cracking

I attempted to load my Black Dog Machine mags yesterday and the feed lips on two of them cracked.

they are a dark translucent color. Both of the cracks are on the ejection port side of the mag.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Last edited by Boss Hogg; 05-14-10 at 17:15.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've not had the problem, but I know if you contact Kevin at Black Dog, he will take care of it. Great customer service.
    I used Borecleaner on mine and it ate the mags. I e-mailed him and ask about it. Apparently they state not to use that type of cleaner. He still offered to replace them. I didn't take him up on it. My fault but it's nice to see a company that stands behind their gear.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    I haven't had any problems with mine and they have literally thousands of rounds thru them. I think Shadow65 probably hit on the answer. Don't get solvents on the magazines! I clean the powder residue from mine with warm, soapy water and stand them up in the dish drainer until they are dried. As he said, BDM will take care of you. Their customer service is second to none.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No solvents have gotten near them. The material seems to be pretty brittle. I'll touch base with BDM (or Brownells) and see if they can exchange. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    I broke one once, they (BD) replaced it free. Try sending them an email. They will want you to send in the broken one though so they can examine it for issues.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Call them. I got my warranty mags quicker than when I bought mags from them.

Feedback Score
    BDM replaced mine, fantastic customer service.