Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about AR pistol buffer tubes.

Feedback Score
    You need to understand one more thing before you CCW or OC an AR15 Pistol....not very many LEO's are up to date on ATF regs concerning these and you may very well have it confiscated and have a difficult and expensive time getting it back. They are going to frown on this whether its legal or not and may very well be charged as disturbing the peace . Shock and Awe of the citizenry is not a favorable pastime.

Too many examples of this could cause the ATF to rewrite the regulations. I certainly would not want to be the cause of this and I believe you will find that most Pistol owners would frown on it also.

PS. I am a firm believer in CCW and do so every day all day as I have for 40 years. Responsibly of course.
    Last edited by Xpertz1; 05-23-10 at 13:21.
    "PEACE is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    And just to add to the above.

Whenever I take my AR pistols out to shoot, I also take all applicable paperwork I have on the legalities of the AR pistol (ATF opinion letters, sales reciepts, registration info., etc.).

Just in case I have to educate an LEO on why these are legal.

There was a thread about 2-3 years ago on ARFcom where someone had their AK pistol confiscated. And this was in Texas of all places. The local LE thought it was illegal.
    Last edited by Dump1567; 05-23-10 at 18:32.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12