View Poll Results: Which Upper

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Use FailZero Kit, Build w/ Noveske N4 Barrel/Centurion Arms Barrel

12 28.57%
  • Buy Noveske Complete N4 Upper, Sell the FZ Kit, Go Shoot, Smile

11 26.19%
  • Buy Noveske Complete N4 Upper W/O BCG, and put in the FZ BCG, sell other FZ parts for Ammo $

13 30.95%
  • Buy Noveske Complete Stainless Upper, it's tough enough and sell the FZ kit.

3 7.14%
  • Buy Noveske Complete Stainless UpperW/O BCG, and put in the FZ BCG, sell other FZ parts for Ammo $

3 7.14%

Thread: Upper Build Poll

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Upper Build Poll

Which upper should I build? I already have the AR15 FailZero kit w/ EXO coated upper, charging handle, and BCG. The FailZero has great reports and great folks saying good things (Chris Costa...according to Grant). On the other hand, might be easier to just get a complete upper from Noveske. I don't hear a lot of reliability complaints about em. Wanting a very tough, very reliable, and accurate upper that I can use to shoot matches and take to training courses where they dump lots o' ammo in a short time.
    Last edited by No Bananas; 05-16-10 at 09:04.
    Have Fun, Be Safe

Feedback Score
    I'm not certain the 3rd choice in the poll is an option. I emailed Todd at Noveske just 4 days ago about purchasing an N4 Light Reece Low-Pro Upper without the BCG and Charging Handle, and he replied "The BCG and CH are made by companies that do not have any retail sales. Our BCG is made by a company that makes M16 carriers for contract, they are properly staked and high quality. We only sell uppers complete with BCG and test fired."
    "Eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty... You must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing." Andrew Jackson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Dang it!! I suppose my option would then be to order the Noveske upper, replace the BCG w/ the FZ and sell the Noveske BCG or keep it as a spare.
    Have Fun, Be Safe

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    While the BCG is a VERY important part of the AR, it is not a very expensive one. Buy the Noveske, shoot it as is, and if for some reason you feel the need to change the BCG, then go right ahead. But I see no reason not to trust Noveske's choice of parts.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Very good point. I know FZ says no lube is needed. I just can't bring myself to do that.
    Have Fun, Be Safe

Feedback Score
    N4 w/FZ BCG

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I got an e-mail reply from Sherri at Noveske and she confirmed what Southern Partisan posted. It is understandable though.
    Have Fun, Be Safe