Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Which Twist Rate

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    However, the original thread IS about a man needing a new barrel. That answer is an easy 1/7. The thread turned to "1/9 is worthless", which it is NOT if you already OWN it and only shoot 55 gr.
    You make a great point but this does happen a lot here. The moderators seem to be working on this (keeping post's on topic).
    Last edited by msr; 06-10-10 at 15:01.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    just wanted to update i bought a dd chrome lined 16 in carbine gas system 1 in 7 twist. at fifty yards (the only length i shoot at) in can cover 5 shots with a fifty cent peice. the barrel is button rifled instead of hammer forged. after i bought it the next day aimsurplus had the same barrel but hammer forged for the same price as i paid for mine. oh well i wont let that ruin my new purchase. i would like to thank all the members that gave me feedback cause in hindsight i would have purchased a 1 in 9 cause it was cheapest and eaiser to get. thanks fellas

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    just wanted to update i bought a dd chrome lined 16 in carbine gas system 1 in 7 twist. at fifty yards (the only length i shoot at) in can cover 5 shots with a fifty cent peice. the barrel is button rifled instead of hammer forged. after i bought it the next day aimsurplus had the same barrel but hammer forged for the same price as i paid for mine. oh well i wont let that ruin my new purchase. i would like to thank all the members that gave me feedback cause in hindsight i would have purchased a 1 in 9 cause it was cheapest and eaiser to get. thanks fellas
    You made a great barrel purchase, and while it does kinda suck you missed out on the CHF sale, I doubt you'd see any benefit at 50yds anyway.

So, then, for your purposes, you have just about the best barrel money can buy

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011