Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: VA or make that NoVA!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Unless rental guns are a must-have, consider going to Elite Shooting Sports in Gainesville, instead.

Opened Nov last year, fantastic facility, 2x 25yd ranges (12x lanes ea), 50yd range (12x lanes), and 100yd range (8x lanes).

If you hit VA Arms, you're >10min from ESS, and if I recall the way SS does their lane usage, ESS costs significantly less per hr. @ESS, if there's no line/waiting-list, you stay as long as you have ammo and targets to shoot. Not to put too fine a point on it, SS's whole game is old and busted...

Trijicon: I dunno. Are you talking about their offices of of Celebrate Virginia Pkwy, or the facility they share with Crucible, further out on 17N? I'm inclined to think no-go in both cases.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

VA or make that NoVA!

F3 Tactical is the best store around for awesome kit. It's in Chantilly. There's a new gun store in the same shopping center called 50 West Armory I think. VA Arms is definitely the one to hit if you're on limited time, but I try to visit both when I'm there (haven't been since the new LGS went it). The NRA museum is also worth going to if you've got the time, it's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    Definitely get to the NRA Museum in Fairfax - they also have a great range, but for obvious reason they are all over you at their range - check hours and must take a "safety test" before shooting.

In Centreville there is Blue Ridge Arsenal - they rent full-auto but their ammo. Across the way on 01-03 January is the Nations Gun Show at the Dulles Expo Center - google it - pretty decent show.

Hit the Smithsonian by Dulles Airport - if you are into aircraft guns...or really what they are about - Space Shuttles, SR71, Enola Gay, and pretty much all other genre's of aircraft.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    DON'T GO TO ANY OF THE LOCAL RANGES WHEN THE DULLES GOON-SHOW IS GOING ON!!!

...unless one's tolerance for being muzzled by folks (who've mistaken having watched the entire Die Hard series as "training") is significantly greater than my own. You've been warned.

NRA range: Also a great facility. Better lit than ESS.

Completely agreed on the Udvar-Hazy museum. That's a great trip. Also, Museum of the Marine Corps, I-95 Exit 150. I'm biased.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys for the info! I'll have to make up an itinerary for this week it sounds like

Jsantaro- it looks like Trijicon has an office off Route 1 between Telegraph and Russell Road Rd. On Corporate drive? Not sure if that's the shared facility you're talking about. My in-laws live about 1/4 mile from Midway Research Center. Been to the Marine Corps museum lots of times

So it looks like F3 Tactical, Blue Ridge Aresenal, and even Aimpoint HQ are within 5 minutes of each other?! Good grief. What have been doing with my time here these past several years!
    Last edited by skijunkie55; 12-27-15 at 21:09.

Feedback Score
    Man, after today I definitely wish we had these quality of gun stores in my area! Went by Virginia Arms first, talked to the guys there for a while. Was blown away by the prices of their BCM rifles! Super friendly staff.
    Went to F3 Tactical, happened to run into Mike from Raven Concealment while we were there. Talked about holsters and stuff... Ended up buying the Eidolon holster for myself and the Morrigan holster for my father in-law. Went to Blue Ridge Arsenal after that and finally shot a VP9. Man is that gun amazing...
    Overall, not a bad little day trip!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skijunkie55 View Post
    Man, after today I definitely wish we had these quality of gun stores in my area! Went by Virginia Arms first, talked to the guys there for a while. Was blown away by the prices of their BCM rifles! Super friendly staff.
    Went to F3 Tactical, happened to run into Mike from Raven Concealment while we were there. Talked about holsters and stuff... Ended up buying the Eidolon holster for myself and the Morrigan holster for my father in-law. Went to Blue Ridge Arsenal after that and finally shot a VP9. Man is that gun amazing...
    Overall, not a bad little day trip!
    I do miss it there. Jimmy at F3 is a great guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Hey y'all. Need some info. I'm relocating to NoVA for work so I need a reasonable commute to the capital.

At the moment we've narrowed housing down to a few townhouse type places in Arlington and a couple developments near Kingstowne Center in Alexandria, which is in Fairfax county IIRC.

That being said what's the current state of NFA friendliness for those locales? I know overall Virginia is 2A awesome but I've read conflicting stuff online regarding CLEO sign offs in both places but maybe that's a moot point with 41p only requiring notification only now? I'm itching to get into the NFA game.

Any recommendations as far has housing goes or atleast places to avoid? I'd like to keep the commute to around 30 mins.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 02-14-16 at 20:24.

Feedback Score
    If you havent already,join the va gun owners forum,lots of good info there.welcome to va

Feedback Score
    My daughter and her husband have a shop in the Pentagon Mall and she is on the verge of making me a grandfather. So my new footprint for the USA is Falls Church.

Next trip back to the USA, I want to look for a place in the country but still close to Falls Church.

As part of a family with southern heritage, I love the history.

NRA museum was fun to go to, but it didn't blow my socks off like the military museum in Istanbul did.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast