Thread: Magpul MOE Middy Handguard

Feedback Score

Question Magpul MOE Middy Handguard

My apologies if this topic has been covered. I tried to search, but kept getting 'error' messages. I then waded several pages ahead and found nothing.

I'm awaiting the arrival of the mid-length MOE hand guards this summer. I am planning on adding them to a 16" Noveske Light Recce basic. I plan on adding a Magpul MOE AFG and a light mount - that's it. I was curious as to whether anyone is running a similar set-up in the currently available carbine-length hand guards that could comment as to how sturdy a set up this is. Any issues with heat? How are you running your sling? I was planning on using a Colt mount at the FSB - any other suggestions?

I'm not opposed to a railed hand guard, I just view this set up as more of a K.I.S.S. rifle and wanted some rail functionality, coupled with the smooth lines and feel of the Magpul hand guard. Anything else to consider before I decide to run this setup?

This will be more than a range plinker by the way. I plan on classes and to use this rifle as my primary home defense weapon.

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by MassMark; 05-26-10 at 11:06.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Go to Google.com

Type in without the quotes: "magpul moe midlength handguards site:m4carbine.net"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Go to Google.com

Type in without the quotes: "magpul moe midlength handguards site:m4carbine.net"
    Thanks so much...Will do...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The longer MOE handguards feel very good to me, heat has not been a problem, but I haven't been running million round drills through MOE handguard equipped weapons either. As far as the sling, I have been using a single point, so no problems.

My comments about feel of the longer MOE handguards relate to the prototypes I had when I shot the Magpul catalog, I do not have production versions, nor is anyone saying when they are going to be ready. My comments about heat build up are based on use of the current MOE carbine handguard.

Hope this is of some help.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    supposedly said it was summer according to a magpul sheet at SHOT show. Who knows if its beginning or end of summer. Im waiting on a FDE set myself

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    supposedly said it was summer according to a magpul sheet at SHOT show. Who knows if its beginning or end of summer. Im waiting on a FDE set myself

That info was never released by Magpul, it was posted on the internet by someone and became gospel on certain forums. I'm with you in hoping we see it early summer.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB