Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt 6721

Feedback Score
    I really love mine. This Hbar 1:9 is my most accurate factory Colt rifle, 6940 included. It will shoot up to 75gr Tap ammo very very well. Mine is fully dressed, definitely heavy and I also run a skeletonized Redi-Mag set up. Weight does not an issue as I kinda like the heft. Out of all of my rifles, including my issued M4A1, I still chose to run this rifle as my primary duty weapon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I dig my 6721, which has been in use for about 12 yrs. It's a great shooter, but can get a tad heavy during an extending training period or while on containment for a long period of time.

Feedback Score

My favorite model of all my former and current Colt models, hence my screen name, I like it because it's actually marked AR-15A3 Tactical Carbine.

The top picture is my older 6721 (FDE furniture with Rock Creek-Compass Lake Engineering-GTS midlenth medium contour barrel) upper and lower receivers probably made during the end of the AWB, below it is my new 6721 carbine I bought two months ago, date stamp on the barrel is 05/ 09 and the bottom pic is my same new carbine with my personal upgrades.

The HBAR heavy barrel doesn't bother me much the only small thing that I would like is if they make them in the future with 1/7 twist maybe just a limited production run would be nice, but the 1/9 twist is not so bad because I usually use 55 gr ammo for practice anyway.

These new 6721 models comes with the new small size 0.154" dia. hammer and trigger pins, M4 handguards with double layer heat shields, new reversible selector lever, M16 auto BCG, H buffer and on my carbine the trigger is excellent for a production gun compared to my six former and my other two current Colts.
    YMMV

AR-15 SP1 owner since 1971
    NRA and CRPA life member

Feedback Score
    Yup, Colt's Tactical Cannon is a brute. I run mine with A1 butt, which is a big plus in getting it to
    balance out. Very accurate, good trigger, and mine also has the M16 BCG, and M4 handies.
    She is a pleasure to shoot, and the "feel" of her in your hands just inspires a load of confidence!
    Perhaps not the best choice for a first AR, but wadda piece!

Feedback Score
    The barrel on the Colt 6721 is one of the most accurate “off the shelf” chrome-lined, NATO chambered barrels that I’ve tested. The 10-shot group pictured below was fired from a free-floated 6721 during accuracy testing.

Last edited by Molon; 05-26-10 at 09:14.
    All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks , for alll of the info. I am going to pich mine up after this weekend. I am not sure if I am going to leave it alone or add a few accessories to it ?

Feedback Score
    Wow, that's damn accurate.

Makes me wonder. What is the most accurate barrel you've tested?
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Wow, that's damn accurate.

Makes me wonder. What is the most accurate barrel you've tested?

So far, my Krieger barreled AR-15s have been the most accurate.

Last edited by Molon; 05-26-10 at 09:21.
    All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score
    Couple of 6721LE questions here. How do you all feel about this weapon with a UBR stock? For handling?,
    For balance? Then, would you be better off with this piece, or a 6721LE with a SOCOM barrel, or similar
    Carbine? For general use? I've tried another member's 6721 with a fixed stock, and it does handle way
    better.....would the UBR help in this regard?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12