View Poll Results: Which guns do you keep a round count on?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rifle/Carbine

15 14.15%
  • Handgun

8 7.55%
  • Both

45 42.45%
  • None

38 35.85%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you keep track of a round count?

Feedback Score

Do you keep track of a round count?

Just out of curiosity...do you guys keep a running total on the exact number of rounds you have fired through your guns? I haven't on my AR, but know its getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000 rounds.

I just bought a new M&P 9 last week and have kept track, mainly because I am in the midst of the 2000 round challenge. Im at 250 total and 150 so far for the challenge.

Do you keep track of the round count on your rifle, handgun, both, or neither? Please discuss and feel free to include any round counts of any particular guns you wish to share.
    Last edited by Chadzillaa; 05-25-10 at 02:45.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Use to when I first started out, bu not anymore.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Neither, however I DO shoot every single week, and the same ammo each week unless there's a sale. I also keep all of my brass. So from those two, I could work out approximate round counts if I were so inclined.
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Feedback Score
    I have a range book, broken down by weapon (pistols, shotguns, ARs). I list the rounds fired that session, and a total round count. Any malfunctions that have occurred, what round count it occurred, and when it was last cleaned. I also used it as a maintenance function to swap out parts at the point where the weapon failed at the last interval, or clean other areas that aren't normally cleaned during a normal cleaning, like the striker assembly and it's channel, on the M&Ps.
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 05-25-10 at 14:25.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I do keep a round count on my ARs. It's easy. I load my magazines to 25, and keep a count of how many mags i went thru that range session. I load my pistol mags to 15 as well. My Beretta CX4 has mags that go from 15 to 17 to 20rds, so I load all of them for 15. It makes the tracking much easier. Plus I reload, so my brass count keeps me aware of how many primers, powder, and bullets I need to feed the habit.
    30 caliber junkie.

God Bless America.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I keep track of the rounds through my National Match rifles but not the pistols. I've thought about it but haven't done it yet. I don't keep records of my work guns though.

Dan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It takes about a minute to open an Excel file, and update it. Guns are in the columns and dates in the rows. Takes a while to set up but I think you should have a serialized gun inventory anyway.

You will see that some truly are safe queens!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Never exact.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Pistol and rifle, but only to the point that I know when to replace parts according to the maintenance schedule of a given platform. Not exact.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score

All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast