Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AAR: Viking Tactics 1.5 Pistol (21-24 May) in Kathleen, FL

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sounds like a great class. Thanks for the AAR!

Did Dan sport his Crocs at any point?
    Last edited by Boss Hogg; 05-26-10 at 09:20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentle Ben View Post
    Nice AAR, Roger. You have a knack for picking up the details...I sort of live for the moment and don't remember those things.

It was a great course. Several times throughout the three days, I noticed that my internal lightbulb flickered on, albeit feebly, like a firefly in the fog. One thing that really clicked for me was finally figuring out how to shoot, move quickly, and make solid hits on my target at the same time. As much as I train, that's something I've always struggled with, but Kyle and Dan homed in on what I was doing wrong, and rode me like a stolen bicycle until I got it right.

The VTAC instructors are undeniably talented and skillful dudes, with a wealth of firsthand experience to back it up, but what's more important is that they can articulate the lessons in a manner that everyone can understand and put into practice.

I also really enjoy training at Southern Exposure. Irv and Watfa run a tight ship, and there are no unpleasant surprises for the instructors or students. Really, all a student has to do is show up ready to train, because all the other logistic details and course organization are nailed down. That range is a gem for those of us in FL, but the fact many students travel considerable distances to get there is testament to how well the range is run, and the quality of the instructors that Irv brings in.

I like the fact that Irv vets not only the instructors, but also the students, so that I don't have to worry about the safety standards (or lack thereof) of the guys to the right and left of me, or that I'm wasting my $$ on an instructor of dubious credentials / skills. And getting to know so many of the students, and seeing them over and over in various courses, makes for some good times off-range at the local watering holes.
    Thanks Ben. It's always a pleasure having you in a class. You are one of the most accurate shooting guys I've seen in the classes we've been in. Kyle and Dan have a knack for diagnosing the issues a student may have, and then turning them around to be better shooters. Also learning from other students is always a benefit.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Great AAR

Nice Shooting Ben, hey thats a nice looking holster by the way your wearing im sure it helped you shoot that good>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12