Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hrm... M&P 15-22, dedicated upper or CMMG conversion?

Feedback Score
    i would go smith and wesson supper fun to shoot and your 556 rifle wont get gummed up by the dirty 22lr

Feedback Score
    I only have about 600 rounds through my CMMG kit but so far love it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    Are there any issues shooting .22LR threw an upper you normally keep for a defensive upper?

Do they fowl out out 5.56 uppers? How does .22LR wear on a barrel? I could put 20~25,000 rounds threw easy in a year.
    Hey I see you're in Michigan, me too. I've got one for sale. It's the A2 birdcage model you are looking for. Selling it with 2 mags, case, and a TruGlo Red/Green dot, along with the irons and a riser for the dot sight. I've got under 2k rounds through it. PM me if you are interested. Still looks brand new.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Today I ran 250 rounds of American Eagle 40 grain throught a S&W 15-22. It ran flawless. I did not have time to shoot more. I ran three seperate magazines. I would like to buy two more so I can shoot more and reload less. It took me months to make the decision to buy. I wish I had done it sooner.

I plan to buy a ligh and replace the stock and grip with the same tha is on my other guns. I might opt for the straight moe instead o the CTR for this gun. I think it is a commercial size extension.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I picked up a 15-22 and haven't looked back since. In the 500+ rounds I have put through it I have only had one problem and that was because I didn't put the last round in correctly. It accepts all the AR bits and pieces I want to try out and it functions as intended, I can't ask for more.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I started off with a conversion kit, had hiccups. (FTE, FTF...)
    I moved onto the dedicated upper. (Finicky, but worked with CCI, cost close to 900.00)
    I finished at the m&p 15-22 and it runs everything I feed it and it was half the price.
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Today I ran 250 rounds of American Eagle 40 grain throught a S&W 15-22. It ran flawless. I did not have time to shoot more. I ran three seperate magazines. I would like to buy two more so I can shoot more and reload less. It took me months to make the decision to buy. I wish I had done it sooner.

I plan to buy a ligh and replace the stock and grip with the same tha is on my other guns. I might opt for the straight moe instead o the CTR for this gun. I think it is a commercial size extension.
    Just a heads up, it's actually mil-spec. That's the thing I really enjoy about it. I can run my 5.56 and .22 furniture between the two. One month the big boy is in dark earth and the 15-22 is black, next month the .22 might be sporting the magpul stock, grip, and rail covers.

Nice for turning my Daniel Defense back into fighting rifle colors, since I don't have a whole lot of sand here in Michigan that I need to blend in with. But those black rifles have a tendency to stay camo'd after dark...

**Also the 15-22 is still for sale. PM me if interested. I'll upload it in equipment exchange eventually...
    Last edited by Steve S.; 08-13-10 at 21:01. Reason: salespitch...

Feedback Score
    I don't know if any of you know this (especially with my being new here), but CMMG recently put out some products that in my opinion will make the Conversion and the 15-22 less desirable(an earlier poster mention their new dedicated upper). For $550 they have a dedicated .22lr rifle and for $350 they have dedicated uppers. They are also putting out a drop in $20 adapter to make Bolt hold open work and another adapter to make the forward assist functional.

When their website is back up I will be sure to edit my post with the links.

:edit: http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/item/...-Quebec-A-1503
    Last edited by SavagePump; 08-14-10 at 16:36.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just posted about my new CMMG M4 LE. Very sweet.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score

Just get a decicated upper!

I had a Mega receiver, old Eotech and and DPMS forearm tube laying around. I bought the CMMG Dedicated .22 Barrel and Stainless Steel Bolt Assembly and dropped it on my Bushy lower. It has been great little gun. It will hold sub 1/2" @ 25 yard with Winchester "555" HP bulk ammo with a good piece of glass. Bought some Black Dog magazines from 44mag.com and I have a great little .22 for less than 300 bucks! It feels like one of my regular AR's.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast