Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas check in..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by colombianito1021 View Post
    Thank you.

Right now just trying to find a nice piece of land that doesn't charge an arm and a leg just to shoot some pistols and rifles. Definitely don't have the funds to join a gun club. Essentially, looking for a place where I can shoot cheaply, be safe, police all my brass/trash and leave it as I found it.

That is what makes shooting down here difficult. Its all private land so you either have to know someone or fork up the big bucks to be able to shoot.
    Yep, something to the tune of 99% private land. Where you at in Texas? PM if you'd rather, but I'm serious. My roommate is a farm and ranch realtor and that's pretty much all he does, he does do houses and houses on small tracts as well though. He knows A LOTTTTT of people. Every time we go somewhere I meet someone new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Feedback Score
    In downtown Dallas. Not trying to buy anything, just somewhere to shoot locally without having to travel +/- 1.5 hrs or paying hundreds of dollars in fees.

Feedback Score
    Ah I got ya. Yeah I don't know too many people out your way. I'm a little south of you. I will say you can shoot at ETTS not being a member, and I think it's like 30 bucks for the whole day. That's in waxahachie. I know it was mentioned but there's no info on their website about non members shooting there so I figured I'd let you know

Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mballz23 View Post
    Ah I got ya. Yeah I don't know too many people out your way. I'm a little south of you. I will say you can shoot at ETTS not being a member, and I think it's like 30 bucks for the whole day. That's in waxahachie. I know it was mentioned but there's no info on their website about non members shooting there so I figured I'd let you know
    Thanks! I'll try to make it out there this weekend. Meets the sub 1 hr drive and reasonable fee.

Feedback Score
    I'd give them a call first. I was told $30 buy a friend whose buddy shoots out there and isn't a member. I do believe there's a proficiency course too but let's be honest here it's probably not overly difficult

Instagram

Feedback Score
    Will do, and Ill post here how it went.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I'd give them a call first. I was told $30 buy a friend whose buddy shoots out there and isn't a member. I do believe there's a proficiency course too but let's be honest here it's probably not overly difficult

I've shot at ETTS several times...last time was in September I think. I am not a member and it was $30 for access to everything except the 1200 yard range. Access to the 1200 yard range is only for members. There was no proficiency course. They just give me a tour of the facility my first time along with filling out a release. They may also give a veteran discount. They have a pretty cool set up with pistol bays, short range "tac bays" and a 100/200 yd range.

NC
    Last edited by nightchief; 01-17-17 at 02:59.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    I've shot at ETTS several times...last time was in September I think. I am not a member and it was $30 for access to everything except the 1200 yard range. Access to the 1200 yard range is only for members. There was no proficiency course. They just give me a tour of the facility my first time along with filling out a release. They may also give a veteran discount. They have a pretty cool set up with pistol bays, short range "tac bays" and a 100/200 yd range.

NC
    Hmm might be driving up there this weekend then, appreciate it!
    Instagram

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Hmm might be driving up there this weekend then, appreciate it!
    Did you make to ETTS this weekend? Great weekend for shooting...

NC

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Any of you North Texas folks get out to shoot this past weekend? I went out yesterday on the 45 degree day. Love shooting in the "cold" here. Only one on the range TacPro. Makes for a peaceful day of wind and cordite!

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast