Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas check in..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Texas check in..

Where you guys at? Checking in from Houston.

Feedback Score
    I spent about 3 years at Ft Hood if that counts? I'm in Florida now, but its nice to see regional forums up and running.
    As required: "I work for ITS Tactical as an editor".

Feedback Score
    Dallas.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I realize the South Central subtitle mentions Texas, but there's a proper Texas forum with more traffic.

http://m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=137

ETA: Also from Houston.
    Last edited by thopkins22; 05-24-10 at 14:17.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    I realize the South Central subtitle mentions Texas, but there's a proper Texas forum with more traffic.

http://m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=137

ETA: Also from Houston.
    I suppose this section would be more appropriate for general discussion and not dedicated to training as in the link posted. Give it time here..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    I suppose this section would be more appropriate for general discussion and not dedicated to training as in the link posted. Give it time here..
    I realized that after posting.

Where in Houston are you?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    < 10 mins from ASC. I love where I live.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    < 10 mins from ASC. I love where I live.
    I'm downtown.

I imagine it's nice to be that close...except I hate ASC with a passion. They outright ban the kind of shooting that I find most valuable. What is it, 3-5 seconds between shots? Cool that they have some longer ranges though.

Impact Zone wins hands down...I need to talk to some of the folks I know that are members and see if they're accepting new members. With PSC where I am a member coming in somewhere after that. The facilities at PSC are nicer, and you avoid the range Nazis, but it's still ruled by guys with the sporting clays mentality. If PSC allowed carbines in the pistol bays, most of the downsides would be nullified.
    Last edited by thopkins22; 05-24-10 at 15:31.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    San Antonio here, Leon Valley to be more specific. Also travel to Dallas/Fort Worth regularly to see family and do some shooting while I'm there (even though DFW ranges are stingy about FMJ/Rapid Fire/Holster Draws).

[QUOTE=thopkins22;663632]I'm downtown.
    They outright ban the kind of shooting that I find most valuable. What is it, 3-5 seconds between shots? Cool that they have some longer ranges though.
    QUOTE]

Seems like we have the same problem, although the range I frequent here in SA (bullethole) is pretty lax. On the other hand, when I don't get a private bay there I have about a 25% of seeing someone flag the whole line with their weapon.
    Last edited by smurfyc84; 05-24-10 at 15:56.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    I'm downtown.

I imagine it's nice to be that close...except I hate ASC with a passion. They outright ban the kind of shooting that I find most valuable. What is it, 3-5 seconds between shots? Cool that they have some longer ranges though.

Impact Zone wins hands down...I need to talk to some of the folks I know that are members and see if they're accepting new members. With PSC where I am a member coming in somewhere after that. The facilities at PSC are nicer, and you avoid the range Nazis, but it's still ruled by guys with the sporting clays mentality. If PSC allowed carbines in the pistol bays, most of the downsides would be nullified.
    Besides the major restrictions there, I find it one of the safer outdoor ranges around town (besides the private ones).
    Don't get me started on Hot Wells but the good thing is that I can use their "LE" range.
    I'm dead smack in the middle of PSC and Impact Zone. I wouldn't mind joining Impact Zone since I'd rather drive west than south.

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast