Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M193 question

Feedback Score

M193 question

Can anyone provide a guide or link to the numerous prefixes and suffixes associated with M193 ammo? XM193; XM193PD; 193F; AF; CB; etc.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    All of the Federal XM193 is the same. The suffix just denotes what type of packaging it comes in.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Does this even apply to the loose packed stuff? I have heard that some loose packed xm855 is floor sweepings, but I don't know if that applies to xm193.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    IIRC, the loose rounds boxes are "BK" suffix.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    All of the Federal XM193 is the same. The suffix just denotes what type of packaging it comes in.

This is what I have been told.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1ajunkie View Post
    Does this even apply to the loose packed stuff? I have heard that some loose packed xm855 is floor sweepings, but I don't know if that applies to xm193.
    I'd love to kill the tard who started this floor sweeping myth/term.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Been a while, but I distinctly remember hearing many times that XM193 PD were essentially XM193 rejects. This was usually apparent when one compared the rounds, with the PD having notably more visible flaws (dents, split necks, severe discoloring, etc).

I know PD is sold in bulk while XM is usually boxed, but I think there is some method to that madness, so to speak. Could be wrong on some level, though.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    IIRC any "X" in front of the M193 means something about the round, didn't pass the Military's requirements (No bullet sealant, as an example, or anything else not IAW the requirements) is rejected by the inspectors, re-branded, and sold on the civilian market as XM193(C,D,F, etc...).
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 06-03-10 at 20:03.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    From http://www.federalpremium.com/resources/xm193.aspx

• XM193 product is first run, first quality product manufactured at Lake City Army Ammunition Plant for Federal Cartridge and is made to Federal specifications typical for commercial ammunition.

• All XM193 product is the same regardless of the sku or part number. (ie. XM193C is the same as XM193F, XM193CBP and etc…) The only difference is the package configuration.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    IIRC any "X" in front of the M193 means something about the round, didn't pass the Military's requirements (No bullet sealant, as an example, or anything else not IAW the requirements) is rejected by the inspectors, re-branded, and sold on the civilian market as XM193(C,D,F, etc...).

No. Do you think the military is buying enough M193 that they would have tens of millions (or hundreds of millions) of reject rounds to sell? XM193 is loaded for the commercial market. M193 has not even been the standard mil round for how many years?

Loose pack stuff is going to look worse because its been shipped all over the country with the rounds banging into each other, handled by gorillas and monkeys, tossed around, kicked, stepped on, and whatever else happened to stuff in transit. So yes you are going to see more damaged rounds with loose pack ammo but its usually cheaper as it takes much less time to pack, and uses less packing materials.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast