Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jersey Member Roll Call

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zell959 View Post
    I'm in Passaic County, NJ and shoot at Cherry Ridge in Highland Lakes. I'm also a "closeted" owner for the most part, although I've found the populous a bit more open minded when I drive far enough North

NW Jersey tends to be a lot more open minded about firearms, though its nothing like what it was 20+ years ago.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    In Boonton.

Used to shoot at Cherry Ridge but I ended up dumping my membership and now I shoot at various places in PA when I have time to shoot. Which unfortunately is not that often.

j

Feedback Score
    First post here Guys,

Lived in Sussex County, moved to NEPA for a few years, and had to return to Camden County due to work reasons. When not on layoff I drive past Ready, Aim Fire on rt 13 by Bristol/Fairless Hills in Pa. I shoot up state in NEPA by my parents house. Not to crazy by being back in N.J. but I do what I have to. Besides Cherry Hill isn't that bad nice area but like the rest I don't advertise. The range I use upstate in Pa is along route 6 I think its a state range not bad. My parents have a house up there just outside of Hamlin Pa. Its close to Lake Wallenpaupack. I'd much rather be up there.

Valsmere

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Valsmere View Post
    First post here Guys,

Lived in Sussex County, moved to NEPA for a few years, and had to return to Camden County due to work reasons. When not on layoff I drive past Ready, Aim Fire on rt 13 by Bristol/Fairless Hills in Pa. I shoot up state in NEPA by my parents house. Not to crazy by being back in N.J. but I do what I have to. Besides Cherry Hill isn't that bad nice area but like the rest I don't advertise. The range I use upstate in Pa is along route 6 I think its a state range not bad. My parents have a house up there just outside of Hamlin Pa. Its close to Lake Wallenpaupack. I'd much rather be up there.

Valsmere

Welcome,

I don't post much at all, but I have learned a ton of great information from this site.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How is Cherry Ridge? A friend of my was a memeber many years ago before his father past away [pre 2000] I am thinking of joining.

Like the other's said, I can not understand why most in NJ fear firearms like no other, but I don't fear talking about my love for the hobbie.

My friends know I have them, and everytime they come over they ask to see them, but look at them as if the weapon itself has already killed thousands of people on its own. My cousin's wife refuses to come over because I have guns lol.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Valsmere View Post
    Besides Cherry Hill isn't that bad nice area...

I know the town very well, having several family members still living there and I would have to say you are being somewhat generous. Yes, there are still some great areas with utterly spectacular homes, but overall unfortunately it has become a massive traffic mecca via it's 345,000,000 shopping outlets and newer high density housing.

Most importantly, Camden is starting to infiltrate the west side....

See if you can get out here to the Marlton/Medford area. Still lots of country out here but only 10-15 minutes from everything there. A totally different world.
    Last edited by Safetyhit; 08-13-10 at 15:19.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    How is Cherry Ridge? A friend of my was a memeber many years ago before his father past away [pre 2000] I am thinking of joining.
    It's pretty good for a range I can get to from morris county in less than an hour. It's a really nice piece of land to walk around and the diffrent ranges give you a lot of nice options for a variety of shooting. To the best of my knowledge, there really isn't a comparable range anywhere nearby.

That said, it does have some limitations/shortcomings that make me daytream about living in a place where I could legally shoot in my own backyard:

1. The shotgun range is really only meant for sporting clays and limits you to target loads no larger than 7 1/2. I bought a mossberg 500 with an 18 1/2 inch barrel as a home defense gun and I've yet to see what it would feel like to shoot the buckshot I keep it loaded with.

2. Both rifle ranges are limited to two standard distances with no option to shoot any closer. The 100 yard range lets you shoot at only 50 or 100 yards, and the long distance range lets you shoot at only 200 or 300 yards. For example, you would have to shoot elsewhere if you wanted to practice very short distance shooting with an M4.

3. Your choice of targets is a bit limited. For handguns & rifles, your only option is to shoot paper mounted to a standardized wooden target you can build to their specs or buy from them. For shotgun you're limited to clays with target loads, or shooting slugs at paper on the rifle range. Only the .22 range offers much variety as they have preinstalled metal targets and I don't believe you're barred from bringing your own. I'm very jealous of all those people on youtube with videos of them shooting watermellons, jugs of water, etc.
    Last edited by Zell959; 08-13-10 at 16:10.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    I know the town very well, having several family members still living there and I would have to say you are being somewhat generous. Yes, there are still some great areas with utterly spectacular homes, but overall unfortunately it has become a massive traffic mecca via it's 345,000,000 shopping outlets and newer high density housing.

Most importantly, Camden is starting to infiltrate the west side....

See if you can get out here to the Marlton/Medford area. Still lots of country out here but only 10-15 minutes from everything there. A totally different world.
    I do agree with you 100% it is becoming the land of strip malls and traffic lights. When I do move it will take me and the family back up to the Scranton Pa area. Unfortunately the work keeps me here for now. The job market in upstate Pa is rough as is everywhere else right now. However being in a union I am lucky that I get called back to work. Camden has been infiltrating the area also, I see it more and more everyday we are on the west side. There are alot of houses for sale in our development. Not looking up any time soon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A little late to the party... I'm in northern Essex. I shoot at Cherry Ridge and Bullet Hole. Good to see some familiar names here

Feedback Score
    Ocean County Here (Bricktown) Usually shoot which isnt to often at CJRPC or very few times at Shore Shot.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast