Thread: Magpul MOE Middy Handguard

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Question Magpul MOE Middy Handguard

My apologies if this topic has been covered. I tried to search, but kept getting 'error' messages. I then waded several pages ahead and found nothing.

I'm awaiting the arrival of the mid-length MOE hand guards this summer. I am planning on adding them to a 16" Noveske Light Recce basic. I plan on adding a Magpul MOE AFG and a light mount - that's it. I was curious as to whether anyone is running a similar set-up in the currently available carbine-length hand guards that could comment as to how sturdy a set up this is. Any issues with heat? How are you running your sling? I was planning on using a Colt mount at the FSB - any other suggestions?

I'm not opposed to a railed hand guard, I just view this set up as more of a K.I.S.S. rifle and wanted some rail functionality, coupled with the smooth lines and feel of the Magpul hand guard. Anything else to consider before I decide to run this setup?

This will be more than a range plinker by the way. I plan on classes and to use this rifle as my primary home defense weapon.

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by MassMark; 05-26-10 at 11:06.