Thread: Really torn on my next AR

Feedback Score

Really torn on my next AR

Last edited by Mung; 12-08-11 at 16:11.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    What I would do:
    Sell the TA01, buy ammo and some steel targets.
    If you haven't done so already, forgo the steel and take a class from some top-shelf guy before they (or you) get too old to do it.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Guys, let's get off the financial lectures and divorce stories- the guy asked a legitimate question that many have experience with that will help a lot more as far as the topic is concerned.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Based off your current collection...

I'd get an 11.5 or 12.5 SBR.

You've got some good general purpose guns, a good prone/precision gun. I'd make a short light speed machine.

Or, plan B, finish the guns up with optics however you want. Maybe make the two 14.5's clones of each other to keep wear and tear off your go-to gun, and shoot the snot out of the trainer.

The cool thing about an AR, is how modular they become by swapping optics, lights, uppers, or whatever.

Feedback Score
    Build a SAM-R clone or a Mk18 clone

Feedback Score

OK back to op

My 2 cents worth: I like new guns as much as the next guy, but I'm putting my extra cash on training and ammo. The op guy may have as much training and ammo as he needs but I'm betting most of us could use more.

Irecently attended a class, and was surprised at how much I thouught I knew!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by UVvis View Post
    Based off your current collection...

I'd get an 11.5 or 12.5 SBR.

You've got some good general purpose guns, a good prone/precision gun. I'd make a short light speed machine.

Or, plan B, finish the guns up with optics however you want. Maybe make the two 14.5's clones of each other to keep wear and tear off your go-to gun, and shoot the snot out of the trainer.
    Holy crow, YES, this right here, particularly Option B.

Mung, if you don't have a turgid gunboner over the optic for your LaRue, enhance what you already own before turing to something that seems hot just because it's new, and buying something for what amounts to no more than "because I can!" Instead, buy something that you will give you a better warm/fuzzy about your precision gun.

Otherwise, presuming that you don't already have at least one class planned for every fiscal quarter, investing in skillsets instead of gear is at least as smart as UVvis's suggestion.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    My vote is for the Midlength option.

Feedback Score
    Pat,

I have been thinking of getting a steel target to bring to my range. Have any affordable suggestions?