Thread: Forgot how dirty WWB is...

Feedback Score

Forgot how dirty WWB is...

Went to the range yesterday, ran 50 rounds of Blazer Aluminum .45ACP thru my Kimber, and took a good look at the gun to see how dirty it was. Just a bit of residue around the muzzle and on the slide at that end. After 1 mag of WWB, it looked like I dropped the muzzle end in the dirt, and got worse from there. People like the WWB because it's cheap, but there are plenty of options for cheaper/cleaner ammo (Walmart, when they have it, has Federal in the maroon box for about $17/50 rds...WWB is about $34/100 rds.) I probably won't stop buying WWB, but if there's cheaper or cleaner available, I'll go with that. If/when I start loading my own, I'll stop getting the Blazer Aluminum.
    NRA Life Member
    USCCA Member

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have never graded ammo on cleanliness and don't see the point in worrying about it for range ammo.

Then again, I'm not big on cleaning weapons either.....

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I shoot WWB almost exclusively for training classes and range; never really noticed it being any more or less dirty than other ammo. Some disagree, but I consider it solid training ammo. But as LittleL says....

Feedback Score
    Ammo is going to make your gun dirty. I shoot WWB and Federal Eagle in my Glock, and can’t say I’ve noticed whether one is dirtier than the other or not.

Make the test again, only, break the gun down between ammo brands and see if you get the same results shooting the same number of rounds of each ammo.
    Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    I have never graded ammo on cleanliness and don't see the point in worrying about it for range ammo.

Then again, I'm not big on cleaning weapons either.....
    So good, it deserves a repeat.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The 45 just does that. Buy WINClean ammo if it's a problem for you. That stuff is freakishly clean.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The 45 just does that. Buy WINClean ammo if it's a problem for you. That stuff is freakishly clean.
    No, it's not a problem...just been a while since I ran WWB thru it.
    NRA Life Member
    USCCA Member

Feedback Score
    Ran 250 rounds of it through my G22 on Sat... Not a single FTF or any other issues...

NRA Patron Life Member