Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's hear from the SC crowd

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm in between Greenwood/Abbeville.
    I'm no expert, but I took my CCW course at a Holiday Inn Express

Feedback Score
    So I figured I'd update this by repeating a question, that's honestly going to be the linchpin that brings this thing together.

Where do you guys like to shoot, what kind of options do we have available?

What's convenient for you guys, etc.

Maybe we should try for some shooting event in the upstate and meet up there?

Let's start brainstorming and get this thing together.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Columbia

Columbia checking in here.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm in the upstate as well... over here in Clemson. I'm not too far from Walhalla, so I may be able to check out that range. I'm finishing up my first AR build right now, my upper is supposed to get here Thursday from Grant. I'm going home for the rest of the summer next week, but I'll be back in the fall for sure and I'd love to go shoot some, especially if a group of us can get together.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beebs08 View Post
    I'm in the upstate as well... over here in Clemson. I'm not too far from Walhalla, so I may be able to check out that range. I'm finishing up my first AR build right now, my upper is supposed to get here Thursday from Grant. I'm going home for the rest of the summer next week, but I'll be back in the fall for sure and I'd love to go shoot some, especially if a group of us can get together.
    It was recommended for me to give a look by an FFL here when I described this type of stuff, so give it a look... they said it was generally unoccupied, but to keep an eye out, some people had shot up the range building and bridge and there might be DNR personnel waiting around.

But when I mentioned shooting and moving, (ETA: not 3-gun competitions at a DNR Range, let me edit that out) etc, he said to take a look at that.

I think the Greenville Gun Club hosts an annual or bi-annual shoot.

A bunch of competitions, (or at least USPSA shoots) happen in Columbia, but... I'd like it centrally enough located that it works for most people.

Grant's good people as a side note, I got my lower and upper from him, great prices and service. Also responsive via email.

Honestly, if this thing builds momentum maybe we could get something together where we caravan up to N.C. every once in awhile or down to Georgia for a shooting event, seems to be a few facilities in N.C., maybe some big competitions.

Just some ideas, thanks for volunteering to scope it out.
    Last edited by BWT; 06-15-10 at 21:35.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    It was recommended for me to give a look by an FFL here when I described this type of stuff, so give it a look... they said it was generally unoccupied, but to keep an eye out, some people had shot up the range building and bridge and there might be DNR personnel waiting around.

But when I mentioned shooting and moving, (ETA: not 3-gun competitions at a DNR Range, let me edit that out) etc, he said to take a look at that.
    here is the website i found for it when i googled it... its pretty small from what i can tell.

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM2A2R

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beebs08 View Post
    here is the website i found for it when i googled it... its pretty small from what i can tell.

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM2A2R
    Seems similar to Skip J's (ETA: when I said similar to skip's I meant the bay lay out, and distance available)... except one bay, and... it is a DNR range, the problem is if other people show up... we have to vacate it. It'd probably be fine for a few people, but... a larger group.

I don't mean to send a group of people (namely us) to something like that, just kind of grasping at straws trying to find out what'd work best...

I really think Skip J's will probably work best looking back.

I got my CWP at a class hosted there...

Does anybody know how we'd go about arranging something with them?
    Last edited by BWT; 06-16-10 at 22:42.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    BWT:

I've shot IDPA there and it would most likely work out better for a group. I'm not a member there. I've just paid to shoot an IDPA event they have there one saturday out of the month.

I'm not that computer savy and don't know how to insert a link but here's there web address.

www.skipjrange.com Well I'm smarter than I thought I was.

Individual membership is $125 per year.

The range consists of one 100 meter rifle bay, one 50 meter rifle/pistol bay, one 60x100 ft. pistol bay and seven 35x100 ft. pistol bays. All 10 bays have dirt berms down both sides along with the impact berm.

The fee may not be acceptable to some.
    I also don't know how crowded this place may get on the weekends when they don't have an event scheduled.

Scoby
    Last edited by Scoby; 06-17-10 at 17:28.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Sumter

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never been to SkipJ but would like to take a trip up there. I've been shooting at the DNR ranges (Plumbranch/Beaver Dam and Candy Branch...plumbranch is OK, candy branch is nasty/ populated by dangerous shooters) and on my own property (I've got about 700 yards worth of range on my 2200 foot airstrip. )
    I'm no expert, but I took my CCW course at a Holiday Inn Express

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast