Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michigan Trainer?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta96fs View Post
    Is the Low Light course indoors or outdoors? Just curious.
    Steve ran a intro to low light at my home range a couple months ago. and we are trying to set a date in september for a low light carbine class. As soon as I get an official date set i'll let you know. And the low light is done out doors.

The intro to low light pistol started about 5 pm and we shot to about 11. Very fun and informative.

Feedback Score
    I'd love to have a 'non intro' handgun and carbine class on a saturday/sunday...

But yes, start at level one...especially if you haven't already taken an advanced course somewhere else. Even if you are good, there's still some learning to be done at the entry level courses.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by S500N View Post
    Beretta96fs,

Another option for training in Michigan this year may be Randy Cain of Cumberland Tactics. He will be teaching handgun, shotgun, and close quarters tactics classes. I have trained with Randy multiple times and highly recommend him. Here is a link:

http://www.guntactics.com/

randy is good to go and a great Instructor.....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bsf View Post
    I think I have taken 11 or 12 MDFI classes. Some of those were repeats, like Handgun 1 which I have taken 4 times or more. I recommend you just start with the YSINTG or level 1 stuff. I think your s**t needs to be wired tight for the level 3 stuff.

Yes, this is a recommendation for MDFI classes.
    I have yet to see the YSINTG class on their website, but that's the second time i've been recommended it. I'll keep checkin back. I'm not too far from where the classes are held, so i'd like to check out a class every couple months. Might as well start from the beginning. I take it the YSINTG course is for handguns? I assume it's also ranked before Handgun 1? Sounds interesting. You can never bee too accurate, especially with handguns where a disadvantage already exists with the short sight plane and barrel size.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta96fs View Post
    I have yet to see the YSINTG class on their website, but that's the second time i've been recommended it. I'll keep checkin back. I'm not too far from where the classes are held, so i'd like to check out a class every couple months. Might as well start from the beginning. I take it the YSINTG course is for handguns? I assume it's also ranked before Handgun 1? Sounds interesting. You can never bee too accurate, especially with handguns where a disadvantage already exists with the short sight plane and barrel size.
    Yes, YSINTG is handgun-based. It primarily focuses on the absolute basics. I spied half of one class, but have not taken it myself. There was a very high instuctor:student ratio and lots and lots of corrective feedback. If there is anything lacking in your fundamentals, this is the class to get it diagnosed and fixed. Well, fixed if you continue to incorporate into your non-instructed training what you learn in the class.

Feedback Score
    next YSINTG is in sept 19th

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12