Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here attending the 2011 NPRC (National Patrol Rifle Competition)???

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Anyone here attending the 2011 NPRC (National Patrol Rifle Competition)???

Guys,

Just curious if anyone here is shooting in the NPRC (National Patrol Rifle Competition) @ Centermass near Detroit, MI. on 05/June/2011. I will be shooting in the competition, but cant get the time off to stay for the rest of the conference.

More info here: http://www.centermassinc.com/1032188.html
    Stay safe,
    Nick
    Last edited by nickdrak; 06-08-11 at 20:39.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    C'mon, Nobody....?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'll see you there, Nick...... judging by the results of the last ITOA FTX I expect you to kick butt in the competition!

This is an awesome event. The speakers and vendor area are great, and the competition is incredibly relevant to police patrol carbine use. There are some great shooters there to learn from, but it's not like you have to be a top shot to be there. In fact I'll bet the guys who finish in the bottom 25% get a huge jump on their learning curve, learning more than anyone else.

http://www.centermassinc.com/1032188.html

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Not sure why this thread didn't show up in my search results???

Hey Ned,

I hope to place better than I did last year after a mediocre effort + a total brain fart on the static marksmanship stage. I learned A LOT after watching the good Chief shoot the comp last year. Either way, it is indeed a top shelf event. Can't wait....see ya there Brother!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The Static Marksmanship stage is a big part of it, although as you have experienced, the match is anything but static.

On the other hand, if I say "slogging through 8" of water and then low-crawling" potential shooters may be intimidated. The comp. is meant to test the officer, his or her gear, and how it is used, and I think it does that very well. Hits trump everything else though. A couple years ago I watched young, fit, gung-ho cops come out of the first phase of one stage ("Gig Pit") panting and dragging ass.... then they had to shoot. My good friend, who I believe was the oldest competitor there, came out of that first phase maybe a tad "more beat" than the young guys.... made it to the firing point...... and won the stage with well-honed basics-- sight picture and trigger control. Last year he won the match after being 2nd through I think 4th or 6th each previous year.

Static Marksmanship was won last year by a female officer-- and the guns used for the stage were "pool guns"-- you shot the stage with the iron-sighted gun that was at the station you shot from. Well-honed basics paid off big time for this house-afire-shooting lady.

All stages, or evolutions as they call them, are par time.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Let it be known to all who enter here:

nickdrak placed 4th at the NPRC!

Hope you don't mind me outing you pal. But this is like the Masters of police carbine competition if you ask me, and you deserve recognition for it. Just being there and doing it is big. To say that you were fourth? Awesome! You were basically beat only by some guys who are practically shooting legends in these circles. Well hell, let me rephrase that. You just took another step toward being one yourself.

I'm sorta patting myself on the back right now for knowing you'd do well

The above mentioned lady shooter also tore a large chunk of red meat off the NPRC beast and brought it home. Not surprised at that, either.

How about a few details on your setup, and thoughts on the evolutions? I mean they were all a breeze, right?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Congrats Nick

Truly enjoyed the NPRC this year and it was great finally meeting Nick. Look forward to seeing both you and Ned next year.

Once again Great Job.
    Law Enforcement Memorial
    In Valor There Is Hope - Tacitus

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Thank you brother Ned! It was great to see you as always.

I was really surprised at how well I scored. When they announced the top three shooters and then announced their scores, I was like "Holy shit! Im within 60 point of these guys!" I can tell you one thing for sure, I am really glad I decided to shoot in the Magnified Optics class. The "Suicide Bomber" (50/100/200yd) stage put me in the game. The "Interactive Alley" stage was really tuff, but my 1-4x Triji Accupoint/LaRue SPR-E mount combo worked great on that short distance stage. I F***'in love that optic!!!

I can say that last years champ (Jeff Chudwin) has had more of a positive influence on my shooting performance than anyone else in the game. We are truly blessed to have him here in IL.

I plan to write-up a complete AAR over the next week and post it here and in the LE forum.

I will say briefly that it was a phenomenal event. It was so well organized and conducted it ran like a well oiled machine. The risk vs. reward on the stages was the deal breaker for the top 3 spots. You and the rest of the volunteers put in alot of work that it all work out great.

The NPRC has to be the absolute best training/competition event in the country for what you get in-turn for the small investment. Anyone who doesnt take advantage of this event (if they are able to) is missing out on many different levels.

The vendor & sponsor support for the event is unreal. The prizes that were donated for the various winners were top shelf. The champ for this year (Mark Stout) took home a new Barrett REC7 piston gun. Im not big on piston guns, but if there is one piston AR I would love to own, it is the REC7 from Barrett. There were 8 other complete rifles donated from sponsors including a Colt 6920, Saber Defense, Stag, Adcor. Aimpoint, Trijicon, Eotech, and Surefire also kicked in big time. The 500rds of Black Hills 50gr TSX duty ammo woulda been nice too Oh well, maybe next year!
    Last edited by nickdrak; 06-14-11 at 00:58.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RPD03 View Post
    Truly enjoyed the NPRC this year and it was great finally meeting Nick. Look forward to seeing both you and Ned next year.

Once again Great Job.
    It was great to meet you Randy! Sorry I missed you at the end, but I was standing in shock in-front of the scores posted on the wall.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Some of the vendors present, many of whom sponsored stages in the competition or other aspects of the event, were:

Adcor Defense

American Snipers

Barrett

CAPS

Center Mass, Inc.

Close Quarters Tactical, LLC

Colt Defense

Daniel Defense

DoubleStar Corp

Elite Defense

EOTech

IES

Leupold & Stevens, Inc

Michigan Ammo Co

Michigan Tactical Officer's Association

Multilakes Conservation Association

Original SWAT Footwear

Pickren Foto

Protective Products

Sixell Innovations

Smart Targets

Smith & Wesson

Source One

Surefire (The Evans Group)

Tactical Encounters

Trijicon

Vance's Law Enforcement

Black Hills ammo was not in the vendors area this year but put some ammo on the prize table.

....and here's an article I wrote a few years back about the event:

http://www.centermassinc.com/files/22635069.pdf

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast