Page 5 of 172 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Comp muzzle brake

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Yup! We love Slip's Carbon Cutter -- biodegradeable and smells pretty good. Dunk it and brush it, no problems.

The BattleComp has a pretty aggressive and open vent pattern, so it doesn't clog very easily. I put 900 rounds through mine in one day and just cleaned it with some Formula 409 Degreaser and re-oiled.

We would never claim the BattleComp is a perfect product -- as there is no such animal -- but the BattleComp is as good as we could make it, and we ain't perfect, either.

We are always looking to improve, so we invite anyone who has good ideas that would make BattleComps better to tell us (and we are certain someone will find fault with them) -- but so far, everyone who actually bought a BattleComp has been happy, and quite eager to buy it at the end of the T&E!

Still, it cannot be for everyone. So...

"If the BattleComp doesn't make you smile the first time you run it, we will buy it back."

Be safe,
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    I just liberally bathe and scrub mine with Slip 2000 carbon cutter and a USGI nylon brush every 1-2k rounds.
    Last edited by PRGGodfather; 06-01-10 at 18:44.
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGGodfather View Post
    A friend of mine, Larry Ford, just conducted some soundmeter testing of the BattleComp and actually found it to be quieter than the standard A2 -- but it wasn't exactly a scientific test. IMHO, I thought the sound was comparable to an A2 -- and I shoot indoors with steel plates on the walls.

If you click on his quote at this site, you can read the actual document:

http://battlecomp.com/testimonials

FYI, Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC did NOT conduct this testing, nor did we commission the testing.

Larry did this independently, as it is BCE's policy NOT to conduct comparisons against other compensators. We believe there is plenty of market to share -- but we also know people will test and do comparisons -- and independent testing is an American right.

YMMV, or maybe your experience will be consistent with ours and those happy, smiling folks who have used the BattleComp 1.0 -- and maybe we really DO have one of the finest tactical compensators for the AR15.

Simply, we think we have found the "sweet spot" for A2-sized compensators, and the grins on all of our users' faces indicate this is the case.
    Looks like I am going to be trying this!

Of course it's just my luck that I post a question on this, go to sleep, wake up to see 3 pages of info and feedback on it AND it's sold out.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I wonder how this stacks up against the triple tap in recoil and muzzle flip reduction and flash suppression.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I wonder how this stacks up against the triple tap in recoil and muzzle flip reduction and flash suppression.
    From the looks of the vid it seems pretty close, I am in need of a good brake/fs for my 10.0 bbl. Im hopeing this is the answer, other brakes are horrible in a shoot house and shooing next to people

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How is the BattleComp classified by ATF? Looks about perfect for a ban-state rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    How is the BattleComp classified by ATF? Looks about perfect for a ban-state rifle.
    It seems to be certified for CA - the leader of the ban states. In MA, we are still under the 1994 AWB, so if it's a comp - it's GTG. The FSC556 for example comes with a letter from the BATFE stating it's a brake - not a FS. Will be curious to see if the BC is the same story...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    going to have to try one, too bad they are sold out

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MassMark View Post
    It seems to be certified for CA - the leader of the ban states. In MA, we are still under the 1994 AWB, so if it's a comp - it's GTG. The FSC556 for example comes with a letter from the BATFE stating it's a brake - not a FS. Will be curious to see if the BC is the same story...
    The manufacturer labels/markets/sells it as a compensator. In CA, this is sufficient to avoid triggering the evil feature aspect of state AW laws. I have testified as a court-certified expert in assault weapon/AR-15 pattern rifles in a case involving the legal definition of a muzzle brake vs. a flash hider. The primary design intent of the device is recoil and muzzle rise reduction, not flash suppression. It just happens to do a fairly decent job at that, too.
    Affiliated with BattleComp Enterprises, LLC

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'd love to T&E one of these Battle Comps. I have lots of other stuff to compare them too such as a KAC Triple Tap and a PWS FSC556.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I eagerly await the 1.5 model.
    Last edited by MookNW; 06-02-10 at 11:45.

Page 5 of 172 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast