Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tacsol .22 upper HELP !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rman43 View Post
    Mine looks different than the one pictured also. It too, has a black buffer tube and no rubber donut behind the buffer. (I think they discontinued using them.) Mine also has a metal washer at the other end of the recoil spring. Which upper do you have? I have an M4 and an LT. I had some issues at first but that was because I was using non-milspec hammers and triggers. I got that ironed out and they're both great - accurate, reliable and fun to shoot.
    I have the M4, I built the lower with Milspec parts so the lower was already compatible with the Tacsol upper.

I will post accuracy reports on it, I put a cheap Centerpoint scope on it but am having issues zeroing the scope, its too far off to the right, I have to hold off to the left to get it to POA.

I got frustrated and put my Eotech back on it, I need to zero that anyway and also need to zero the iron sights on the Tacsol.

Its hard when you are using soda cans and soda bottles to zero your scope and sights, I am shooting up in the mountains on a neighbors property and we don't have paper targets up or any kind of distance mapped out.

I think I am going to have to take it to a range just to get everything set up right before I continue killing cans and bottles.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UNIT 6639 View Post
    I have the M4, I built the lower with Milspec parts so the lower was already compatible with the Tacsol upper.

I will post accuracy reports on it, I put a cheap Centerpoint scope on it but am having issues zeroing the scope, its too far off to the right, I have to hold off to the left to get it to POA.

I got frustrated and put my Eotech back on it, I need to zero that anyway and also need to zero the iron sights on the Tacsol.

Its hard when you are using soda cans and soda bottles to zero your scope and sights, I am shooting up in the mountains on a neighbors property and we don't have paper targets up or any kind of distance mapped out.

I think I am going to have to take it to a range just to get everything set up right before I continue killing cans and bottles.
    Sounds like it's working good for you. I just have an indoor range to shoot on. It's limited to 25 yards and the lighting is not too good and there isn't really a bench to shoot from - just a narrow shelf. In spite of that, I've been able to get some 5 shot groups with all holes touching with a cheap CenterPoint 4x16x40 scope. I envy you for having a place to shoot outdoors - they won't let me kill beer cans at the range! I really need a place to shoot outdoors. Have fun with it and post some accuracy info when you get a chance. Mine both like Federal Bulk and Win 333s from Wally World. Those aren't the best for accuracy, but they really aren't bad at all and they function reliably.

Feedback Score
    Rman, I have that same scope on my Tacsol, have you had any issues with the scope?

I am taking it to the range today to see if I can get it on paper and zeroed in.

I did get the irons zeroed, the Tacsol is now an official bottle killer, I was plugging an Arizona Iced Tea can at what we estimated as 50 yards, the can was hanging from a tree branch and I had it dancing from the branch consistantly.

I hope my scope is good, I really want to get a little more precise with the Tacsol, there is plenty more room out in the woods where we are shooting, I can take the cans and bottles out much further.

I have been using Winchester 333 and Federal 550 bulk pack, the 333's ran 100%, the Feds had a few duds, and a couple of jams, but it was like 3 or 4 issues out of 550 rounds, that was more than acceptable to me.

I had my buddies kids out there with us during the last trip, they love that thing, specially since the stock adjust to fit them on my lower.

I had to ask just to shoot my own rifle, the kids were even loading mags while I was shooting, this upper is turning out to be one of my better gun buys of late.

Feedback Score
    Unit 6639,

I've had really good luck with that scope so far. In fact, I have 2 of them. It's no Leupold, but for the money I think it's hard to beat. Unless you have a scope that is made strictly for .22s, it's important that you have an adjustable objective. 22 scopes are parallax corrected at 50 yards instead of at longer range like centerfire scopes. I find that I can get mine focused perfectly at the shorter ranges that I have to shoot in the indoor range.

Both my TacSols shoot Win 333 and Federal bulk pretty well. Mine are actually most reliable with the Wally World Federal stuff, but both work well for me.

I know what you mean about asking to shoot your own rifle at the range! My grandson liked my M4 so much, I had a hard time getting a chance to shoot it. That's why I bought the LT - it's a pound lighter and gives the boy his own AR to shoot.

Good luck at the range - hope you like the scope.

Tom->

Feedback Score
    Thank you for replying Rman, had all kinds of difficulties at the range yesterday, I was using Winchester 555 with the Tacsol, apparently, my upper does not like this ammo.

I was getting double feeds every other round almost, I was able to get the scope on paper, but the jams were wasting up my range time so I had to put the AR away so I could shoot my pistols and such.

Some of the rounds were feeding on top of the other round, jamming into the chamber instead of going into the chamber, I am hoping its the ammo, I was also shooting my CZ 75 with my Kadet upper, the 555 ran fine in that, I did have a couple of dud rounds but that was not the guns fault.

Funny thing, the 555 seems to not work, but the Federal I ran through it was fine compared to the 555, it also ran great off of Winchester 333.

Well, at least the 555 will get used in my CZ, I am ready to just put the scope away for a bit and just use my eotech xps on the Tacsol upper.

Feedback Score
    You're welcome Unit 6639. It's strange you're having problems with Win 555. It is supposed to be exactly the same as 333, just packaged differently. Both my TS uppers run best with Federal Bulk, and are pretty accurate with the junky stuff too. I have an occasional problem with Win 333, but overall it runs pretty darn good in mine. My Wally World doesn't stock 555s.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I sold my TacSol but mine didn't like Win 333 either, it also didn't like Rem Cyclone and Thunderbolt. Ran great with Rem GoldenBullet, Rem Subsonic, and CCI Minimags just fine.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Winchester 333's may have issues with uniformity, or maybe they're uniformly large...my Spike's upper had a out of battery kaboom with them.

Federal bulk pack stuff and CCI .22lr loads don't seem to have the same issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rman43 View Post
    You're welcome Unit 6639. It's strange you're having problems with Win 555. It is supposed to be exactly the same as 333, just packaged differently. Both my TS uppers run best with Federal Bulk, and are pretty accurate with the junky stuff too. I have an occasional problem with Win 333, but overall it runs pretty darn good in mine. My Wally World doesn't stock 555s.
    Yea, the 333 ran fine and I thought the 555's were the same so I figure, maybe its dirty or something, I cleaned it up since then, need to get it out again and see how it works after the cleaning.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    I sold my TacSol but mine didn't like Win 333 either, it also didn't like Rem Cyclone and Thunderbolt. Ran great with Rem GoldenBullet, Rem Subsonic, and CCI Minimags just fine.
    Is there any reason you got rid of it?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast