Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A question for those who carry for self defense: Do you carry spare magazines/ammo?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    It has always been my thought that one should carry the largest weapon that they can effectively conceal, and spare mags. Too many people seem to do the extreme polar opposite.

I used to have this in my sig line..... A sheep with a gun, is still a sheep. It seems to be proven more and more true every day, sadly.
    Yup.

It has been my observation that the vast majority of people who carry regularly are completely mentally unprepared for the reality of a fight.

Show me someone's normal carry weapons and gear and I'll wager I can tell you a great deal about their mindset.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Good info....
    One problem is that the same people think guns are talismans; to ward off evildoers like a Christian cross.

Go to most IDPA matches, and you'll see the same guys take off their carry gun, some Kel-Tec or mini-Glock or something, and strap on a full-size M1911 or long slide Glock. They don't shoot what they carry.
    Nemo me impune lacessit

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake RAH View Post
    One problem is that the same people think guns are talismans; to ward off evildoers like a Christian cross.

Go to most IDPA matches, and you'll see the same guys take off their carry gun, some Kel-Tec or mini-Glock or something, and strap on a full-size M1911 or long slide Glock. They don't shoot what they carry.

You are very correct.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    Yup.

It has been my observation that the vast majority of people who carry regularly are completely mentally unprepared for the reality of a fight.

Show me someone's normal carry weapons and gear and I'll wager I can tell you a great deal about their mindset.

Amen and Amen.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake RAH View Post
    Hah. I'm the opposite. I carry a pair of Para-Ordnance lightweights (P14 and P13) and a Commander (left side needs something too), but I shoot single stack guns in matches (USPSA, NRA AP, 3-Gun, IDPA, whatever).

Feedback Score
    I carry either a 1911 or Browning HiPower.
    With either, I carry two spare mags on my weak side.

I also carry a Kahr 9mm in my weak side front pocket, and a S&W 442 in my strong side front pocket.
    I have one reload for each of those- A spare mag for the Kahr, and a Speed Strip for the J-frame.

Were I not a cripple due to a back injury, I might carry more!

FWIW- I used to not carry the third gun, but instead carried a third spare mag for the #1 pistol in that pocket.
    I really don't see any sense in having wasted pocket space.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234