Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Magpul PDW

How come nobody's talking about this?

http://www.defensereview.com/modules...ticle&sid=1011

Bulldog1967 Guest
    Looks cool to me.

How does it do under a trucks tires?

Can't wait to see it beyond the prototype stage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1967 View Post
    How does it do under a trucks tires?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Now THAT was funny...
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    I'm no expert.
    Here is a thought that seems to be constantly overlooked by developers.

To insure acceptance of a Bullpup design that will be used in combative environments, the weapon must allow for use in left and right hand barricade firing positions. Similarly it must be constantly deployable to strong and weak shoulder/side operator firing stances.
    Armorer/operator replacement of the bolt to eject to a preferred port side is not acceptable. (I did not see any indication of this in DR article, I'm simply leading into the AUG comparison.)
    The AUG is an excellent rifle as a comparison regarding bullpups. Balance is amazing. Trigger is learnable, but often a complaint. The ejection issue is not acceptable to most testers though, which is why I believe it's not more widely purchased by organized entities.

If the brass ejection is not conrolled to exit the port in a safe manner and not interrupt the operation of the weapon I cannot see any serious acceptance of it's use as a combative weapon.

Feedback Score
    Do the cracks in the upper come standard or is that only for the high speed low drag folks?

Seriously though, I'd bet that isn't that much fun to have the muzzle of a 5.56 10 inches from your face.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    Do the cracks in the upper come standard or is that only for the high speed low drag folks?

Seriously though, I'd bet that isn't that much fun to have the muzzle of a 5.56 10 inches from your face.
    I believe that comp throws ALL blast forward. None goes out to the sides where it can blow atmosphere back towards your face.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    Back around SHOT it was said Magpul had another rifle to show, but didn't due to it being damaged in shipping. My guess is that this is that exact rifle, and those pics were likely the ones taken at SHOT 2007.

For Magpul, is this rifle going to be getting pushed pretty hard? IE; will we see faster devleopment of this over the Masada?
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    The ejection of spent brass is a new and truly unique system on this weapon. The details I can provide are only minimal at this point. That said, ejection location is controlled by the weapon operator, either left or right side by clicking a flapper to one side or the other. The PDR is truly an ambi weapon in this manor.

As far as muzzle blast; there will indeed be one hellava flame coming out of the above pic. We intend to cure this issue with a combo comp, moderator, suppressor.

You guys are going to have to bear with Magpul on this weapon. Details are going to be vague for awhile as we're keeping this one on the down low.

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    I'm no expert.
    Here is a thought that seems to be constantly overlooked by developers.

To insure acceptance of a Bullpup design that will be used in combative environments, the weapon must allow for use in left and right hand barricade firing positions. Similarly it must be constantly deployable to strong and weak shoulder/side operator firing stances.
    Armorer/operator replacement of the bolt to eject to a preferred port side is not acceptable. (I did not see any indication of this in DR article, I'm simply leading into the AUG comparison.)
    The AUG is an excellent rifle as a comparison regarding bullpups. Balance is amazing. Trigger is learnable, but often a complaint. The ejection issue is not acceptable to most testers though, which is why I believe it's not more widely purchased by organized entities.

If the brass ejection is not conrolled to exit the port in a safe manner and not interrupt the operation of the weapon I cannot see any serious acceptance of it's use as a combative weapon.
    Magpul bonehead