Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: SCAR SBR CQC replacement barrel

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    I wish FN offered factory 10" CQC barrels. It's true that I would prefer a factory option.

That being said, my Nefarious Arms modified 10" CQC barrel has 2313 rounds through it without issue (other than having to open the gas port insert for proper functioning). It will likely have another 1500 through it by year's end.

As to the other arguements about spare parts, etc.; they will come. How many spares or other options were available when the Colt AR15/SP1 hit the market in the 60's? A different gun market to be sure, but a valid comparison none-the-less.

Stephen

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm SBR'ing mine. I'm thinking 12" would sit right around ideal.
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

SCAR CQC Barrel

Well I took this off the Hi-Desert Dog site, anyone have any info on this? any news at SHOT.Looks promising?

New Hi-desertdog complete drop in replacement barrel for the Scar 16. These are 556 nato chamber with 1in7 twist and are hard chrome lined. These are built from hand picked blanks with precision cut 556 nato chamber and then hard chrome lined chamber and bore. We made these a quality product with the chrome lined bore etc because they have to be good enough to use on our own Scar carbines. These shoot well under 1" all day, even in the 10" CQC/SBR version. Comes with 1/2x28 threaded muzzle. The barrel body and all threads are concentric to bore for superior accuracy and of course reliable silencer use. Barrel extension is installed and headspaced to 556 nato. Gas block installed and has Picatinny rail top for folding front sights.

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I believe that I would still prefer to have a competent conversion done to my existing barrel (assuming we won't be getting our hands on a factory CQB tube), though the jury still seems to be out on who can be trusted with this kind of work at the moment.

AC

Feedback Score

scar match barrels

I shoot National Match and have been to Camp Perry a couple times. I would like to see a stainless match barrel. I think this would be a cool niche market. The scar is a issue rifle i wonder if it would qualify for matches?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fasty77 View Post
    I shoot National Match and have been to Camp Perry a couple times. I would like to see a stainless match barrel. I think this would be a cool niche market. The scar is a issue rifle i wonder if it would qualify for matches?
    I would like a 18 inch stainless match medium contour barrel for three gun.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Realize this is borderline necropost, but figured a quick update was in order since this thread had popped back up.

I hit the 6K round mark a few weeks back on my chopped 16S. Still runs like a champ. I have had exactly one malfunction with this carbine. 99% of shooting has been with the Gemtech G5 mounted.

Feedback Score

FNH Factory short barrels...

Friends,

For what it's worth....

I've been in communication with a FNH USA regional sales manager and he assures me that factory SCAR short barrels will be available for sale this year in 5.56 and 7.62. He also tells me that FNH will sell complete SBRs to civilians at a later date.

I'm hoping this is true, but I tend to believe him.

Yog

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yog View Post
    Friends,

For what it's worth....

I've been in communication with a FNH USA regional sales manager and he assures me that factory SCAR short barrels will be available for sale this year in 5.56 and 7.62. He also tells me that FNH will sell complete SBRs to civilians at a later date.

I'm hoping this is true, but I tend to believe him.

Yog

That would be great timing for me as I am currently in the market for a SCAR and would like to eventually SBR it. FNH selling SBR's commercially to citizens would cut out the "SBRing/barrel cutting" portion of the process out for me. Plus as many others have mentioned...I'd feel more comfortable with FNH providing the appropriate factory parts rather than having a gunsmith chopping it.

Yog..any updates from your FNH contact? Thanks, Lee

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast