Thread: SCAR SBR CQC replacement barrel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

SCAR SBR CQC replacement barrel

I see that these folks are making replacement barrels for the SCAR platform. That said, there website "about us" section defines them as producing various barrels for different platforms with great success and confidence.Both in the manufacturing process and modifying customer barrels as well.
    Any troops able to comment on there work or production?

http://www.hi-desertdog.com/index.php
    Last edited by mildot; 06-06-10 at 13:38.

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    I see that these folks are making replacement barrels for the SCAR platform. That said, there website "about us" section defines them as producing various barrels for different platforms with great success and confidence.Both in the manufacturing process and modifying customer barrels as well.
    Any troops able to comment on there work or production?

http://www.hi-desertdog.com/index.php
    this should make a lot of SCAR guy's happy.
    " In War, Strife, and Acts of Bravery, it's always the strong one's that get taken from the GENE POOL......and we wonder why society is getting weaker!!!" - by me

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HK51Fan View Post
    this should make a lot of SCAR guy's happy.
    I have some guys were not very happy with the quality when they got their bbls back. Read this on FN forum but it was non scar related, think it was an ar bbl

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Just as an FYI, FN is making SBR length barrels for both the SCAR and PS90 so folks can SBR them.

C4

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Just as an FYI, FN is making SBR length barrels for both the SCAR and PS90 so folks can SBR them.

C4
    Where? FN told me as well as other no civi sales on sub 16" barrels....
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99HMC4 View Post
    Where? FN told me as well as other no civi sales on sub 16" barrels....
    They did not give me a date, but said they are working on them.

I am an LE Dealer so don't know anything about their Civy policies (sorry). I do know that we will be stocking them.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

C4
    I'm glad to hear this! I emailed them last month and they stated they would not be making any 10.0 bbl. I'm glad they changed their minds!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

SCAR CQC barrels

I am an LE Dealer so don't know anything about their Civy policies (sorry). I do know that we will be stocking them.
    So "reading between the lines" you will need LE credentials to purchase the FN barrels.

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

C4
    Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't the 10.5" barrel always available for the SCAR? In fact, the very first SCAR L I saw and got to shoot was in this configuration.

All FN has to do is release the barrels for sale to those individuals who wish to SBR this rifle. Even if they will only do so to those with the approved ATF forms this would be a step in the right direction and would certainly help convince me to get a SCAR.

But the lack of available spare parts as well as short barrels pretty much convinced me to hold off and just build myself another AR-15.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't the 10.5" barrel always available for the SCAR? In fact, the very first SCAR L I saw and got to shoot was in this configuration.

All FN has to do is release the barrels for sale to those individuals who wish to SBR this rifle. Even if they will only do so to those with the approved ATF forms this would be a step in the right direction and would certainly help convince me to get a SCAR.

But the lack of available spare parts as well as short barrels pretty much convinced me to hold off and just build myself another AR-15.
    Correct (if your PD/Agency/SO) bought a FA SCAR. The issue is that all short barrels are made in Belgium and cannot be sold in the US. This is why FN USA is going to produce them in the US (so that they can be sold).

C4