Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SCAR SBR CQC replacement barrel

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    So "reading between the lines" you will need LE credentials to purchase the FN barrels.
    Kinda like buying a FN Five seveN IOM in 2004, they came with a letter in the case stating it had to be sold to a individual officer only.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    Kinda like buying a FN Five seveN IOM in 2004, they came with a letter in the case stating it had to be sold to a individual officer only.
    Did the officer have to just fax a copy of the commision care? I really want a scar cqc but don't really wanna chop a 16 and mess with the gas ports...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I emailed FNH about the 10.0 bbls and they advised me civies will not beable to get them at all, police depts will be the only ones to get them. So no go for LEOs Wanting to buy a personal one...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryu_sekai View Post
    I emailed FNH about the 10.0 bbls and they advised me civies will not beable to get them at all, police depts will be the only ones to get them. So no go for LEOs Wanting to buy a personal one...
    That is essentially what I was told too.

This is a big part of why I sold my SCAR.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryu_sekai View Post
    Did the officer have to just fax a copy of the commision care? I really want a scar cqc but don't really wanna chop a 16 and mess with the gas ports...
    I dunno, I wasnt a officer at the time, bought it on gunbroker.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Just as an FYI, FN is making SBR length barrels for both the SCAR and PS90 so folks can SBR them.

C4
    Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't the 10.5" barrel always available for the SCAR? In fact, the very first SCAR L I saw and got to shoot was in this configuration.

All FN has to do is release the barrels for sale to those individuals who wish to SBR this rifle. Even if they will only do so to those with the approved ATF forms this would be a step in the right direction and would certainly help convince me to get a SCAR.

But the lack of available spare parts as well as short barrels pretty much convinced me to hold off and just build myself another AR-15.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't the 10.5" barrel always available for the SCAR? In fact, the very first SCAR L I saw and got to shoot was in this configuration.

All FN has to do is release the barrels for sale to those individuals who wish to SBR this rifle. Even if they will only do so to those with the approved ATF forms this would be a step in the right direction and would certainly help convince me to get a SCAR.

But the lack of available spare parts as well as short barrels pretty much convinced me to hold off and just build myself another AR-15.
    Correct (if your PD/Agency/SO) bought a FA SCAR. The issue is that all short barrels are made in Belgium and cannot be sold in the US. This is why FN USA is going to produce them in the US (so that they can be sold).

C4

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I think gant and FNH USA are working together to tease us till we snap! People just need to relax a bit before jumping on the "no parts, no SCAR" bandwagon......
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    1 SCAR-L barrels can only be sold to MIL/PD because of the barrel import ban, regardless of length.

2 I don't see any restrictions on the PD selling the barrels, though I am no expert on the law.

3 The SCAR-L barrel may not be legal to install on a SCAR-S even if it's legal to own, because of 922r. I don't know the number of imported parts on the SCAR-S.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Correct (if your PD/Agency/SO) bought a FA SCAR. The issue is that all short barrels are made in Belgium and cannot be sold in the US. This is why FN USA is going to produce them in the US (so that they can be sold).

C4
    Ah, so. I didn't even know that there was a ban on imported barrels. Does this have something to do with the number of US made parts that a firearm has to have before it can be owned by us mere citizens? Thanks!!
    Last edited by CarlosDJackal; 06-24-10 at 13:38.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast