Thread: ACOG vs ACOG

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

ACOG vs ACOG

SO Im thinking about either a TA31ecos or a TA01ecos. If Im seeing things right the only difference is the TA31 has a red fiber optic for red daytime use and the TA01 is black during the day? It will be going on my SCAR and my PTR for hunting and target shooting. Any reason I should get one over the other?
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    Get the TA31. You will always have an illuminated reticle, plus its easier to use with both eyes open. I dont believe the TA01 is a BAC ACOG. I am partial to the TA11 though.
    Last edited by RUSKI; 06-07-10 at 14:50.
    The Authority is not the Truth. Truth is the only Authority.
    Truth Is Hate to Those Who Hate Truth.
    Love of power is the manifestation of evil.

"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes.
    Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
    - Napoléon Bonaparte

Feedback Score
    Why a 4 power? IMO the most versatile ACOGs are the TA33 (3x) and TA11 (3.5x).
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Why a 4 power? IMO the most versatile ACOGs are the TA33 (3x) and TA11 (3.5x).
    Several reasons.
    1. Ive been using 4 power for the last few hunts and like it. At 3 power, Ill just use irons.
    2. I didnt used to like the red dot on top until I looked through one. I like the idea of having both now even if I can only get a loose chin weld for the dot.
    3. I want an FDE (or kind close at least) ACOG for my SCAR.
    4. I like the reticle on the TA31 too (in red).
    5. (and most important) A guy with a big shiny rambo knife told me to get the 4 power one. I know he is right cause he had a tac vest on....
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Only notable difference between the two is the fiber-optic, which makes the TA31 more versatile because it's usable during diurnal cycles (morning and evening twilight) when it will still feed light to the reticle.

They put too much fiber-optic on top of all ACOGs, IMO. If you go with that option, fiddle with how much you need to cover the FO to keep the reticle from blooming in different light conditions while still giving you enough light to keep it visible.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons