Thread: Bullet jammed in Barrel. How to Remove?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Bullet jammed in Barrel. How to Remove?

Was out shooting my S&W M&P 15X today when I had a "slight" malfunction. A round failed to extract and the next round jammed it tightly into the chamber end of the barrel. Any one have any advice as to how I should try to get this round out? Thanks for your help.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I read in one of Gotm4s posts he did it by filling the barrel with water then slowly pushing a one piece cleaning rod down the barrel (not using the rod itself but hydraulic pressure)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I read in one of Gotm4s posts he did it by filling the barrel with water then slowly pushing a one piece cleaning rod down the barrel (not using the rod itself but hydraulic pressure)
    That sounds interesting. May have to give it a try tomorrow after work. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Should work as long as the case is intact, if its not u need a broken shell extractor (cheap insurance and should be in everyones range bag IMO). Im sure a more knowledgable member will be along shortly if I'm incorrect or there is a better way.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    squib rod may help.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 06-08-10 at 21:36.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    squib rod may help.
    UHMMMM, FYI , thats for a pistol .

OP , do we still have a head on the stuck case ???
    Last edited by FindCover; 06-08-10 at 21:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Must have had a tight patch on the jag , rod alone is not tight enough to form a seal .

Take your cleaning rod , no jag , push 2 patches down the bore , pack them tight with the rod , start by dropping rod from half way up the bore , or tap with a small mallet . Should work , its not as jammed as you think it is .

If the case is still whole ya dont need the patches , they are to protect the thread on the cleaning rod . If the stuck round is fired , just do the rod drop or smack the rod .
    Last edited by FindCover; 06-08-10 at 21:34. Reason: ryan brought up a point .

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindCover View Post
    Must have had a tight patch on the jag , rod alone is not tight enough to form a seal .

Take your cleaning rod , no jag , push 2 patches down the bore , pack them tight with the rod , start by dropping rod from half way up the bore , or tap with a small mallet . Should work , its not as jammed as you think it is .
    Ah I knew I missed something