Thread: MS3 sling on AK?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

MS3 sling on AK?

Deficiencies of the MS* style slings aside, will the hooks on the MS3 hold onto the square-ish sling mounts on the fore end of AK pattern rifles?

I like the MS3 sling but I can use the Echo Nine Three sling as an alternative if I risk having the rifle clatter to the ground due to the MS3 sling hooks not reliably holding those square fore end loops.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mine clamps on just fine.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am running an AK with a MS-3 sling. To the rear I am running an ASAP plate, secured to an M-4 receiver extension mated to a Rifle Dynamics RE Mount. In front there is a Magpul RSA.

I have toyed with the idea of swapping the Magpul alligator clips to HK hooks as it is a simple sewing job. Last year I converted a MS3 to a QD setup at the short end long before Magpul released their QD version.
    Last edited by kmrtnsn; 05-26-13 at 13:27.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is this because you had issues with the MS3 not holding?

Quote Originally Posted by kmrtnsn View Post
    I am running an AK with a MS-3 sling. To the rear I am running an ASAP plate, secured to an M-4 receiver extension mated to a Rifle Dynamics RE Mount. In front there is a Magpul RSA.

I have toyed with the idea of swapping the Magpul alligator clips to HK hooks as it is a simple sewing job. Last year I converted a MS3 to a QD setup at the short end long before Magpul released their QD version.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetCaseNerd View Post
    Is this because you had issues with the MS3 not holding?
    No, I was initially going to mount an Echo 93 mount with the "handed" loop, as I was presuming that the Echo 93 V1 mount for the AK pistols would dig into my wrist if mounted upside down as I had intended. I felt that the HK clips would work better with those smaller diameter ring/loops. I think I'm going to give their sling a whirl on my AK and see how I like it. It is very MS-3'ish with HK clips and metal hardwear.