Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Found a SUPER DAVE Training Video!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    It is pretty funny, but you should have been there when he chewed our ass for going to Subway. Now that was REALLY funny!

C4
    This guy Super Dave seems like a truly amazing individual. There's not too many guys who feel confident enough to sport the mullet hairstyle and look good while doing it. The only others I can think of are Eric Roberts and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    This guy Super Dave seems like a truly amazing individual. There's not too many guys who feel confident enough to sport the mullet hairstyle and look good while doing it. The only others I can think of are Eric Roberts and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper.

I don't think he is really a fan of the "mud flap", but it hides the scar where they had to fuse his Vertebra together.

Because of this, the guy walks like Robo Cop (and is big like him too).

C4

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Perhaps one day I will have enough "skills" to take a class from Dave, but I don't think that will be for a couple of years...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    Perhaps one day I will have enough "skills" to take a class from Dave, but I don't think that will be for a couple of years...
    Ya know how some instructors are very good shooters, but are poor instructors (meaning they have a hard time passing info in a useable manner)?

My suggest would be to continue to take classes from Vickers.

C4

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    He called me Lance the enitire class even though several people corrected him (every day).

C4
    That's it!!! LANCE!

I actually heard DP tell him your name was "Grant" but he just kept on calling you Lance.

BBBWWWWWAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Hey, it's better than GrantHawk

Feedback Score
    It is pretty funny, but you should have been there when he chewed our ass for going to Subway. Now that was REALLY funny!

C4
    Amen!

I would actually take another class from him, but not to grow my shooting skills. Just to listen to him talk is worth the price of admission alone (and to see if would actually shoot anyone that touched his truck).

C4
    My biggest takeaway from SDave's class was related to mindset. Some notable points:

1. When you pick up a weapon, it had better be ready - mag in, round chambered, optic switched on, lense caps open, BUIS ready for immediate use, "positive control over the weapon."
    2. The world is not a cold range - deal with it.
    3. What weapons do you have at your disposal (not just firearms), and how well can you transition between them as necessary?
    4. If your long gun is dry, and you're not in the process of making it ready, you'd better have a "blaster" in your hand.

In short, SDave believes that when you go armed, don't be half-a$$ed about it. Be ready to "get it on." He most definitely has a "meat eater" attitude, and gently encourages his students to adopt the same.

(Note to emphasize that the above is not meant to imply that SDave encouraged an "in-your-face, I have a weapon and I'll use it" attitude. It was more "if you carry a weapon, then make it physically ready, and make yourself mentally ready.")

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Lance really didn't bother me (been called worse).

C4
    I was called "wildman" a few times for freelancing during drills.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I was called "wildman" a few times for freelancing during drills.

There was a lot of "freelancing" in our class well. Me thinks it was because the students couldn't either figure out what he wanted or forgot what they were supposed to do after a 30 minute lecture.

C4

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    ... (and to see if would actually shoot anyone that touched his truck).

C4
    That threat started a few years ago when a guy name Hector who had an AK slung in front of him leaned on the truck and put a scratch on it.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    That threat started a few years ago when a guy name Hector who had an AK slung in front of him leaned on the truck and put a scratch on it.

I think he mentioned that in our class "some AHOLE with an AK scratched my truck."

We had a couple people get within 10ft of the F150 and thought he was going to start shooting. Since none of us really knew the guy, we kind of thought he was joking (as it is just an older F150), but quickly learned he was not.

C4

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast