Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM 14.5 Mid Length T&E/Range Report

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Great video Mark.
    Thanks. I couldn't tell if it gets the point across. I mean... the carbine is roughly double the recoil impulse... and again... it's not an apples to apples comparison with the brake and all.

But I was waiting for Gunz to get to the range, so we shot the video for the hell of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

Three and four round "bursts" are very easy with this gun. I was able to put 3-4 rounds per target in the time most other shooters were putting 2 rounds per target.
    I haven't reached out with it quite yet but up close and personnel the thing just rips. The thing is an absolute hoot and joy to shoot. I run mine with an H2, shooting my Colt after it isn't any fun.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Thanks. I couldn't tell if it gets the point across. I mean... the carbine is roughly double the recoil impulse... and again... it's not an apples to apples comparison with the brake and all.

But I was waiting for Gunz to get to the range, so we shot the video for the hell of it.
    It easily looks to be double with more muzzle rise to boot. But I'm also seeing a LOT of i guess you'd call it 'axial' recoil. The carbine gas system seems to rotate a LOT more. I mean I'm watching the gun try to lay-down. I wonder why that is. I mean.....the carbine gas gun is twisting SO MUCH.

What do you think, Mark? IG, what about you?

Great vid cuz I had not noticed this before...I suppose one wouldnt see it if the rifle were being held decently well.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascades236 View Post
    shooting my Colt after it isn't any fun.
    I know what you mean. I took one of My SBRs out the weekend before and really wasn't used to the recoil impulse at all. It has an H3 in it too.

Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    It
    The carbine gas system seems to rotate a LOT more. I mean I'm watching the gun try to lay-down. I wonder why that is. I mean.....the carbine gas gun is twisting SO MUCH.

What do you think, Mark? IG, what about you?
    I'm not sure. The Carbine was running an H2 buffer, and it looks like it was even ejecting empties towards the 4 o'clock position, but yeah.. a few of the cycles did seem to have a twist to them.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    We shot a modified version of the VTAC 1/2 & 1/2 drill last night. Instead of shooting an 8" circle from 20, 10, and 5 yards we shot a 2", 4" and 8" circle all from 5 yards to the same effect (except that we now also had to compensate for holdover on the 2" circle). Par times are 10 seconds for 2", 5 seconds for 4", and 2.5 seconds for 8" circles. Note the way the rifle moves in the shoulder.

link to video

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Robs;

Very impressive. What buffer are you running in that gun?
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Feedback Score
    Rob, nice shooting. Is the stock trigger in that gun or did you replace it?
    Last edited by pro2; 09-08-10 at 20:38.

Feedback Score
    I have been running a Bcm middy for a bit now and have hit some very impressive numbers with it.....

the gun is by far the softest shooting carbine i have ever run

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Lower is a stock BCM with H buffer and standard trigger.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Lower is a stock BCM with H buffer and standard trigger.
    Rob, how is the upper that you are T&E 'ing configured?

Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast