Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Rifle Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    That's a nice looking set up. For me however, I don't trust the US made SIG rifles- at all. The ones I had were junk and both were sent back multiple times to the factory to get them to run correctly. I promptly sold them off after they finally replaced them with new ones. If it's going to be a SIG, it has to be Swiss- not some cheap US clone.
    I think the US made guns can be brought up to par by welding on an optic rail or rear diopter, refinishing, and using Swiss furniture. The Classic and xi lower which use AR mags are a nice option for the US guns - with Swiss upper you can only use pmags (tight fit) or 20 round USGI mags. A Swiss lower really improves them. But then at what cost - one is pushing close to or more than the cost of a 553 with all these mods. I have three such Swissified US rifles and they are very nice once complete.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I guess this is appropriate here:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Finally have my 553 sbr set up how I want it. We'll sort of. The lower in the picture is off of another SIG.

Attachment 46934

The original aluminum lower is getting this done, which will allow me to use the original bolt group:

Attachment 46910

M&M import 553 pistol registered as SBR. Aimpoint T1 in Spuhr mount. US made one piece Rotex style flash hider. SPG Tech m4 stock adapter, BCM single point receiver endplate sling mount, BCM stock, Magpul MOE-K2 adapted to the SIG lower, SwissArms railed fore-end. I need to add a low profile QD sling mount to the back left 9 o'clock rail. This thing is a bad ass little SBR.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 08-11-17 at 11:33.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice! Could you not get a good cheek-weld on the fixed stock or just wanted a different length? I've got an H2 in the low point on mine and its perfect (for me).
    | 92 - Billennium | Steel-I/96 Stock | WC BrigTac| Elite II | 90-Two G | Inox Brig |
    | 85FS Cheetah | 71 Jaguar | 21a Bobcat | 3032 Tomcat | Model 90 Armi Roma |
    | Sig - 551-A1 ODG | P553 | 522 | P320 FDE |
    | Noveske 10.5" Pistol | AP 12.5" | AP Tungsten SPR | DDM4 V7 in MSP & Elcan |
    | 308 - DSA FAL & Steyr Scout in grey |

Feedback Score
    Josh. That thing is very nice. Good job.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    Nice! Could you not get a good cheek-weld on the fixed stock or just wanted a different length? I've got an H2 in the low point on mine and its perfect (for me).
    I just wanted another US part. Cheek weld is great on the factory folding and the factory folding/collapsing stocks. I personally prefer the factory Swiss folding/collapsing stock. But the m4 adapter and bcm stock is quite nice, allows for a QD receiver endplate sling mount, and gives me a US part for 922(r) compliance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ahh, fair point. I picked up a Swiss adjustable/folding stock as well and also have a spare 556 lower for AR mags. Need to get my flash hider off now that my stamp came back on my can (also swapped gas plugs to the 4-position version).
    | 92 - Billennium | Steel-I/96 Stock | WC BrigTac| Elite II | 90-Two G | Inox Brig |

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    Ahh, fair point. I picked up a Swiss adjustable/folding stock as well and also have a spare 556 lower for AR mags. Need to get my flash hider off now that my stamp came back on my can (also swapped gas plugs to the 4-position version).
    I actually just swapped out a SiCo ASR flash hider for the Rotex type flash hider. Most QD suppressor mount flash hiders do not allow removal of the gas tube. The gas valve and piston can be removed, but not the gas tube. And I have other rifles to shoot suppressed. So I decided the 552 and 553 will not get a can until the Rotex V is released in the US.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yep. I looked long and came to the conclusion that i need a direct-thread so I want with an inexpensive option (SIG SRD556). Rocksett will be my new friend.

I've got two B&T cans pending so hopeful for some interesting options to come. I heard something about a pending deal to make HK's cans here like overseas so that bodes well.
    Last edited by PGT; 08-11-17 at 19:03.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Finally have my 553 sbr set up how I want it. We'll sort of. The lower in the picture is off of another SIG.

Attachment 46934

The original aluminum lower is getting this done, which will allow me to use the original bolt group:

Attachment 46910

M&M import 553 pistol registered as SBR. Aimpoint T1 in Spuhr mount. US made one piece Rotex style flash hider. SPG Tech m4 stock adapter, BCM single point receiver endplate sling mount, BCM stock, Magpul MOE-K2 adapted to the SIG lower, SwissArms railed fore-end. I need to add a low profile QD sling mount to the back left 9 o'clock rail. This thing is a bad ass little SBR.
    looks great brother

i don't think i've ever seen one of those SPG stock adapters before , it looks to place the buffer tube higher than the swiss folding mechanism like the ddles folder does

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast