Thread: Magpul CTR vs. MOE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Magpul CTR vs. MOE

Well, to start, I did do a good bit of searching the forums here with google, and while I did find a lot of interesting info, there was no thread I could find that specifically compared these two stocks.

So anyway, the two stocks I'm looking at right now, are the CTR and MOE from Magpul. Bascially, the one big question I have is, is the CTR really worth the extra $20-30?

I'm personally leaning a bit more toward the CTR- with the massively widespread use I'm seeing, there must be something more right with it than the MOE (or maybe it's just that the MOE is newer?). And I kind of like the idea of the extra friction clamp to eliminate wiggling. A couple places I've also read that the MOE is a bit on the small side...? But I've also read/heard a fair amount of people say that the MOE is just as tight and generally good as the CTR.

I honestly wouldn't mind either, but I'd hate to get the MOE, than a few years down the road wish I'd gotten the CTR. Or the reverse. I'm pretty confident in Magpul's general quality- I'd just like to get it right the first time, for a change.
    Last edited by Jellybean; 06-28-10 at 00:48.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    CTR hands down. the moe will be the same as all of the standard 5 pos stocks (will have wobble).

The CTR's friction lock makes is solid with nearly zero wobble (better shooting platform)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have multiples of both and when I'm actually shooting, I can never tell the difference between the two types. Different story when I'm just fingerbanging the rifles. I stick to the MOE now to save money and use LMT receiver extensions to keep the fit on the tight side.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    got mine (moe) from a member on here (belmont) and it works great. i love it so much.
    Last edited by tobasco; 06-28-10 at 01:19.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Personally I really like the CTR for the friction lock. It is rock-solid still with it engaged. Also the CTR has a QD swivel mount on it - not sure how important that is to you. But in the end: your build, your money, your preference.
    "We are oft to blame in this / 'Tis too much proved -- that with devotion's visage / And pious action we do sugar o'er / The devil himself."
    Μολὼν λαβέ | NRA Lifetime Member

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This was also a question that I had on the CTR vs. MOE stock, glad someone posted it and hopefully will have good responses to help with my decision also.