Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone love or hate the Troy TRX Extremes?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Anyone love or hate the Troy TRX Extremes?

Looking at the 11" TRX Extreme, just for something different, does anyone love or hate them for any not-so-obvious reasons? My biggest drawback right now is more personal than technical... is the AFG going to look funny mounted under this type rail?

A Pic of an Extreme rail w/ AFG would be awesome if someone happens to be running one.

Thanks

Bobby
    Fact of life:

Although the EAGLE may soar proudly through the skies, it is very rare for the Weasel to be sucked into a jet engine.

Feedback Score
    I just picked one up tonight for my light wieght build. I bought a JP for my other build that is going on but was impressed enough with the Troy unit to put that on rather than a JP on my light wieght set up. I has a nice small tube on it and not a ton of rails. As for looks it is ok I would like no rails on it what so ever. Troy makes some nice stuff so I do not doubt thier quality. Mine is a 13" unit that is going on a mid lenght 16" BCM upper. I just have to cut the sight and install. Should work well.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I was looking towards the 11" for a 14.5" middy build... but want to run my AFG... can't decide if it will look 'tarded or not...lol

OR if I like it enough, I'll just put the AFG on another toy and run with it.

Wish I could get ahold of a rifle-length MOE Handguard... I could see some very interesting designs focused around that or the mid-length either one.

Let me know how you like the rail system after shooting some...

Thanks

Bobby
    Fact of life:

Although the EAGLE may soar proudly through the skies, it is very rare for the Weasel to be sucked into a jet engine.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have three of the 13" models and like them a lot. Ill probably go 11" on the next.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
    I have three of the 13" models and like them a lot. Ill probably go 11" on the next.
    Any pics of retaining a front sight block? Just snowballing ideas here... man that looks like work making the AFG work on it though...
    Fact of life:

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert0989 View Post
    Any pics of retaining a front sight block? Just snowballing ideas here... man that looks like work making the AFG work on it though...
    TRX extreme comes with rail sections, you can put the longer one on the bottom in a desired position, and easily mount the AFG to it.
    NevadaGunOwners.com | Reno4x4.com | GOA Life Member

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    that w
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisuello View Post
    TRX extreme comes with rail sections, you can put the longer one on the bottom in a desired position, and easily mount the AFG to it.
    That was my initial thought, but knew it wouldn't sit quite flush... so I'm glad that you guys showed me the thread above to making it look "right"... it's a fairly good-sized project if you want it done right... which I may try anyways...lol. Could go back to a Grip Pod I guess
    Fact of life:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert0989 View Post
    All of mine are low profile gas blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisuello View Post
    I just used the 2". Either way will work great though. They make a cool sling attachment for the TRX.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I have one on a Rogue Hunter and really like it. I think that lightweight tube style free float tubes with ad on rail sections is an evolutionary step above traditional pic rails. You save weight and improve ergonomics. I think the next logical step is to have accessories that direct mount to the rails, like the sling mount above, and allow you to save the weight of even the pic rail section.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast